Missing GamePro Magazines

shinobi33

I'm planning to purchase a few GamePro Magazines from a garage sale this weekend that I see are not currently available in the Downloads section. But before I do, could those responsible for scanning let me know whether or not you guys already have these magazines:

- GamePro Oct 1999

- GamePro Nov 1999

- GamePro Dec 1999

- GamePro Aug 2000

- Video Games The Ultimate Gaming Magazine Apr 1994

Also, is Retromags accepting magazines after 2000 for donations? You guys are doing an awesome job on this site. Keep up the great work.

• Retromags Curator

I believe I may have those, but it always helps to have doubles as we do run into missing pages quite often. While we accept donations of any year, we only scan from 1999 back. Any donations of current magazines, are just used for cover scans and to provide a summary of what that issue contained.

Keep posted, as in a few weeks, we will be launching RM 2.0 and it has a huge magazine database of close to 11,000 magazines entries. This will condense all the information into 1 centralized location.

-Rob

• Retromags Curator

The cutoff for scans currently varies depending on whether the magazine is still in production, and when the magazine ended. I don't remember what the dates are. But it never hurts to have copies of post-2000 issues in case the cutoff date moves.