Contest for Free Super Metroid Poster

Seven

Contest: Ends July 1st 2013 Contest is For: Super Metroid Poster 12x24" and several Earthbound pinback buttons.

About:

Hi, I restore vintage posters. There aren't a lot of people collecting the old posters because they're folded, faded, creased and odd sized. So when I redo a poster or, well invent it, I consider frame sizes, make the color pop, and remove all the folds and creases. (I spend days and sometimes weeks remastering a poster!) At the end of the day I want a product that looks better than it did twenty years ago because with modern technology, it should. I print the posters myself on a large HP photo plotter with photography paper at great cost. I really love restoring these posters.

About the Contest:

Tell me what is so cool about Super Metroid or Retro gaming. All entries will be put thorugh a randomizer and my friend ProtoMario from Youtube, will help pick a random winner. You can enter by writing on my Facebook wall the answer to the question, responding below if the moderator allows it, sending me an e-mail through my web site or even smoke signals. I will not spam anyone and respect your privacy. This is one of the most popular posters I have on ebay.

Home Page for Contest: http://www.7hunters.com/contest-for-free-super-metroid-poster-and-some-earthbound-pinback-buttons/

Super-Metroid.jpg

I don't use FB so I'm going to enter here.

Hopefully you don't mind if I nerd out for a moment but is that an actual retro poster? I ask because that Samus pose is from Metroid 2 on Gameboy, not the SNES Super Metroid. I collect games and just thought something looked familiar yet out of place. My bad. Anyways how could anyone not like this game? It created one of my favorite genres. It let us explore but gave us a map to keep from getting lost. Retro gaming gives us the best 2D games.

That's my specialty. Lol. I don't know a damned thing about popular culture as I haven't seen a movie in a theater since 1999 (and only 3 borrowed DVD's since), none of my music is domestically produced, nor do I watch a hell of a lot of TV. But when it comes to gaming I'm full of useless facts and pick up on goofy stuff like that. It helps that I own so many games to reference to. Chances are I probably have that poster somewhere too. Used to take 'em from my mags.

You can call me DP. It doesn't mean what you might think. The internet has a perverted mind and I've been using this name since the late 90's.

I remastered those posters, Super Metroid and Metroid II Return of Samus and didn't notice that Nintendo had used the same exact drawing of Samus until my son who is 12 pointed it out. So good eye there! I can't believe I missed it for about six months. (For some reason I posted in as 'Seven' there - think I was at work and forgot my login information or something, but anyway it's me :D )

I'll duly enter you in the contest!

They do look good so I'm glad you didn't take it like I was making a joke of it. Really? 12 years old and they're familiar with GB games, awesome.

Oh ok, I was going to ask why the accounts were different.