Sign in to follow this  
kartracer3

What Currently Published Magazines Do You Read?

kartracer3    0

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this. I was just curious what magazines everyone is either currently subscribed to or enjoys reading every now and then. I've always enjoyed printed media more so than digital, even though there isn't much of it left. I'm currently subscribed to EGM (more so for the nostalgia of the brand than anything else considering their erratic publishing schedule lately) and wanted to see what else out there and enjoyable to read. Thanks!

♦DPsx7♦    23

Just Game Informer. Wasn't my fave mag since it doesn't focus solely on PS3 or Nin's hardware, but without PTOM and Nintendo Power">NP it's all I got left. Don't have a sub by choice, it comes with GS's goofy card.

ctophil    19

I'm with EGM and @Gamer Magazine. But I only got two more issues of @Gamer, which I won't be renewing. Because anybody who is a new subscriber or renewing will get the digital version only. I am thinking of getting Edge Magazine--my first UK mag ever, since the U.S. video game mag industry is dead. I know Game Informer will be switching to digital only soon. So, I don't need to bother myself with that thing. Like most folks, I don't care about the Official Xbox Magazine either.

Edit: I was also a Nintendo Power subscriber until they closed.

kartracer3    0

I really find it disappointing the US video game magazine market is slimming down. I suppose the move to digital is understandable, but I like to think there is still a market for a content rich magazine. Like with EGM, I don't know what their costs are like, but I would have to guess they would sell better if they were able to produce a magazine with a fair number of pages with interesting articles, not just previews and reviews. I was considering, too, subscribing to a UK magazine like Games tm or Edge since they seem to have a decent amount of content each issue to justify the price. Are either of those well-written?

Edit: I'm not familiar with Nintendo Force, I may look into that as well.

Edited by kartracer3