Sign in to follow this  
Phillyman

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

I am also hanging out for the Extended edition of The Hobbit to arrive around the same time as this comes out in cinemas. I found the LoTR extended editions to be much better than the theatrical releases and expect the same for the Hobbit movies.

I have both versions of Lord of the Rings and enjoy both of them. Whenever I catch a cold, I lay on my couch and eat a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup....and watch the trilogy. I swear I have seen all 3 movies in both formats.....over 10 times each. Now with The Hobbit, I have already watched that movie around 7 times (twice in the theaters), and I am happy that by around this time next year, I will have seen all 3 Hobbit films :)

I don't want to pay $43 for the theatrical edition now when the extended edition is due in December. If the reviews say the extended edition doesn't add anything the theatrical edition will have dropped to $20 by then anyway so I win either way by waiting until then.

"That my lads .... was a Dragon" ..... epic :D

NZ pricing as at last weekend. Now the local retailer JBHifi have the 3D/2D version for $25 and the 2D only version for $20 until the 19th June. That's much more palatable so I might grab the 3D/2D version seeing as I have 3D home theatres even if I don't have a 3D TV yet.