Computer Died Last Night! Should I buy a Mac?

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

So my computer died a slow death last night. Might just be a power supply as it is making a weird humming noise. I was planning on replacing it out anyways some time this year, and I may be leaning towards a Mac for the first time.

Anyone have a Mac? Here is what I am thinking of buying.....over time of course :)

http://rtmgs.co/Am6nh

Why the heck would you want to pay for an overpriced Mac is beyond me?

I guess if you don't play games on your PC or use esoteric software simply not found on the Apple platform it might be something to think about but at the same time forget about upgrades over time. It's a buy once box unlike a PC where you can throw in a new mainboard/CPU as new tech becomes available or you need more GPU power etc.

If I ever wanted to go back to using a mini-PC for a TV media player box I'd certainly look hard at the Mac Mini. Load up XBMC, use a windows remote and it makes for a quiet, potent little streamer.

• Retromags Curator

I am with Kiwi on this one. You'll pay for the name and get mediocre hardware compared to what you can get with a PC for the same price. But I guess it depends what your needs are.

You can always ask meppi for advice since he's a Mac person ;)