Sign in to follow this  
cmb

Anyone remember a special issue about DOOM clones around Fall 1995?

cmb    0

Hey all,

I remember having a special issue of a magazine that reviewed a large number of DOOM clones, but I can't remember enough to find a copy of it. I think there were sections on Heretic, Dark Forces, etc., and I specifically remember that "The Fortress of Dr. Radiaki" was included. Also, this may not have been a regular monthly issue, but a special release.

I'm pretty sure that this was around fall 1995, maybe October? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

--Colin

Areala    25,515

Sounds like something PC Games or PC Gamer would have done here in the US. I have a number of magazines from that era, but this one doesn't ring a bell. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist though. I'll keep my eyes open. :)

*huggles*
Areala

Glabrezu    0

I have seen an ad in one of the magazines (Video Games The Ultimate Gaming Magazine) for Ultimate Gamer (PC and consoles magazines), showing in the cover the article: The World's Greatest Shooters, Doom Look-Alikes. Maybe that is the magazine you remember.

cmb    0

I remember one other detail - on the cover was a big rendering of what I think was supposed to be the Cyberdemon from DOOM, although it didn't look exactly the same.