Print Subscriptions

Digital Subscriptions

@Gamer Magazine

post-1-0-80706000-1386172733.jpg

Print Subscriptions

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Retromags Curator

3.5 years later, EGM is missing in action and probably not returning, Pure Nintendo Magazine is digital only, and @Gamer Magazine is gone. Official Xbox Magazine, Nintendo Force, PC Gamer and Game Informer are still going. Add to that Little Player (U.S. only https://www.shoplittleplayer.com/), and Retro. Apart from OXM and PC Gamer, which are still on newsstands, and Game Informer which is only in Gamestop and EB Games, everything else has to be ordered online; Patreon for Nintendo Force and Retro.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Leathco said:

I still sub to PC Gamer.  It's the last one left alive from the mags I read as a kid.  It's not what it used to be, but still worth a read.  I miss Coconut Monkey though.

Yeah, unfortunately at some point PC Gamer USA got taken over by whoever had been producing PC Gamer UK and they essentially became the same magazine (i.e. PC Gamer USA ceased to exist except in name only.)  I'm more partial to the pre-merger USA issues myself (of which CM was a product)

Yep. The Imagine Publishing produced issues of PC Gamer (USA) were stellar both in terms of the look of the magazine and in page count. Some of those issues were huge!!!

Somewhere around issue 100 Imagine were acquired by/sold out to Future Publishing and that was the ballgame although if you peruse the issues you will see a distinct change in the layout from issue 73 onward. I personally like the earlier format so from a scanning perspective I'd rather scan those than the later issues. I pretty much owned all those issues issues until a run in with a Retromags mod and the year 2000 cut-off fiasco resulted in my burning a pile of magazines and in the case of PC Gamer, taking them into work for the lunch room.

• Sad 1