Phillyman

Cover of the day: Gamers Republic Issue 10 (March 1999)

kitsunebi77    656

Is this really the first word of mention of Sonic Adventure?  If it is I'm getting this blown up for my wall xD

Why would you think that?  I don't see anything on the cover to indicate that.  It's possible that it's this particular magazine's first mention of it, but I find that extremely doubtful as well.  By the time they have enough info on a game to do a cover feature, they've usually already previewed it a couple of times in the past.

Why would you think that?  I don't see anything on the cover to indicate that.  It's possible that it's this particular magazine's first mention of it, but I find that extremely doubtful as well.  By the time they have enough info on a game to do a cover feature, they've usually already previewed it a couple of times in the past.

On the front of the cover it says Sonic Adventure vivid expose.  This is the first magazine I've ever seen mention Sonic Adventure on the front cover, however I have yet to get to the Sega magazines yet.  I'm not even sure what Sega called their magazines, but back then yeah I'd expect games to first be announced through stuff like this, Nintendo Power, etc. before I heard about it on the internet.  I know there was a limited edition of Sonic Adventure that people could rent from hollywood video stores before the initial launch, I just don't know when the game was first announced or revealed, or through what.