Up-Down-Left-Right Magazine

Terry93D

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, but Magazine Talk looked like the best place to put it.

I am the Editor-in-Chief of Up-Down-Left-Right Magazine, a very small bi-monthly new video gaming magazine. The zeroeth issue was released just last month - http://udlr.weebly.com/ for the download link - and features an article on the 25th Anniversary of the Sega Genesis. It's free in PDF format, with a paper version coming soon.

Anyway, what I'm looking for now is:

• Letters - ideas, questions, remarks - the type of letter you see in Game Informer, Nintendo Power, and the like.
  • Feedback - critique, praise, any of them. Honest feedback is appreciated.
  • Ideas & Suggestions - UDLR is looking for ideas for issues this 2014 from readers and those interested in the magazine.

Contributions are also accepted freelance under either real name or pen name and credit is always given, though that honestly isn't the big point of the rag mag.

The zeroeth through to the third issue will be available as free digital downloads. I am ready and willing to work with Retromags to have UDLR indexed here, which would make me a very happy fellow indeed.

So... please take a look, and leave some feedback, questions, comments, remarks, criticism, praise, ideas, suggestions, the like. Really I just would like you to take a look and enjoy it.

--Terry W. Fairchild aka HunterOfBugs aka The Raving Lunatic

Editor-in-Chief of Up-Down-Left-Right Magazine

Hey, this is awesome! Thanks for posting. I'm always happy to support a new magazine on the scene, so I'll spread the link around a bit, see if I can't get you some extra loving from the community. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Thanks! UDLR also has two other links - http://www.udlrmagazine.blogspot.com - the news site - and http://www.facebook.com/UDLR.Magazine - our Facebook.

• 3 weeks later...

Release schedule for 2014:

Issue Zero -- November/December 2013 -- February

Issue One -- January/February/March 2014 -- February or March

Issue Two -- April 2014 -- March

Issue Three -- May/Jun 2014 -- June

Issue Four -- Jul/Aug 2014 -- August

Issue Five -- Sep/Oct 2014 -- October

Issue Six -- Nov/Dec 2014 -- December

Issue Seven -- Holiday 2014 -- December or January 2015

By the way, I need some help on this - what measurement for pages should I use on Scribus? I'm having issues uploading it to Magcloud. (classification: Magazine)