List of incomplete scans

E-Day

• Retromags Curator

EGM 16 doesn't seem to be missing pages. It goes from page 63, which is a numbered page about the NES game Kickle Cubicle. Then it's an ad for FCI Phone Counseling Hotline, an add for SCI about where to buy Japanese video games, then a numbered page 66 for Joe Montana Football for the Master System. Those ads aren't from elsewhere in the magazine, so I don't know why it's flagged as having those pages missing.

My copy of VG&CE 36 is fine, so I have uploaded it and replaced the old download with it, and I will add VG&CE 50 to the opening post.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

LOL how does this even happen?

Personally, I think it's insane that some people debind piles of magazines before they start to scan any of them (and sometimes the wait between debinding and scanning is so long they forget they even prepped them).  That's just begging for pages to get misplaced or mixed up.

I don't debind anything until I'm ready to scan it, and I never debind multiple things at once.  Much safer that way.

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

I've got a copy os Game Player's issue 24 that I can dig out to fix that problem. The other two scans are 11 years old and need to be replaced since they don't look great anyhow. I have marked all three for rescanning. Expert Gamer has been marked for rescan as well. That was scanned two years ago, so I'm not sure if Phillyman still has that issue in a bag somewhere.

7 hours ago, Areala said:

Expert Gamer 72 - Missing page 5/6 (Fred Durst in Marc Ecko ad, and the first half of Space Channel 5 ad). :)

6 hours ago, E-Day said:

Expert Gamer has been marked for rescan as well. That was scanned two years ago, so I'm not sure if Phillyman still has that issue in a bag somewhere.

Whether or not he's still got the rest of that issue in a bag, I think we all know that he's got the Fred Durst ad pinned to his wall.😚

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator
9 hours ago, E-Day said:

I've got a copy os Game Player's issue 24 that I can dig out to fix that problem. The other two scans are 11 years old and need to be replaced since they don't look great anyhow. I have marked all three for rescanning. Expert Gamer has been marked for rescan as well. That was scanned two years ago, so I'm not sure if Phillyman still has that issue in a bag somewhere.

I have the issue of Expert Gamer myself, and was comparing it to the digital version when writing the index, which is the only reason I noticed it. I'm quite happy to donate it for a re-scan if Philly doesn't still have the de-bound pages any longer. :)

*huggles*
Areala

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...