Sign in to follow this  
orthicviper

let's play some emulated games together online

anyone want to go some rounds of contra, battletoads, and such on some NES/Genesis/SNES?

Looking for players in USA and Canada only, for the sake of good ping/latency.

Edited by orthicviper

Neat idea. Unfortunately all my emu stuff is on an old original xbox... that you'd attempt Battletoads multiplayer online suggests you might be a glutton for punishment haha! That game was hard enough when you could communicate with your other player right there on the couch with you...

Have a couple thousand of them, just don't use my PC for gaming. :P

Just thought it was funny, the idea of playing Battletoads, of all games, online. Even one wrong move on that speeder bike level and you're toast...

Not sure why I haven't gone back and played that one with save states, now that you mention it. I only ever passed the bike level twice when I was a kid, but the game as a whole WAS a lot of fun...

I think you might have a good idea here though. A game like Secret of Mana would be a lot of fun online, since it can be hard to get people all in the same room these days.

Three-player Secret of Mana is awesome when everybody knows what they're doing.

It's a nightmare when somebody doesn't have a clue though, especially if they're playing one of the magic users. :)

*huggles*
Areala

I have been playing roms for sometime but never got onto the "newerish" ones that allow online play. I had no idea this can be done. haha

I never knew it could be done either. I haven’t played roms in some time. At least five years or so. Every now and then I get the urge to play some. I’ll have to give it a try.