Sign in to follow this  
Vision

Magazines available for missing-issue scans, etc (lists inside)

So after YEARS of procrastination and a necessity during a recent move, I finally went through my magazines and made lists of what I have (rather: what I -moved-... magazines are heavy, yeesh)...

Basically, if Retromags/scanners need any of these to fill gaps, let me know and I'll happily ship them off at my own cost to whoever would like them, for scanning.

OTHERWISE, if these issues are already in-hand of scanners and aren't needed, this whole lot (or acceptable chunks; I'd like to avoid too many singles here-and-there) is available to anyone that wants to pay shipping.

Electronic Gaming Monthly

10 - no cover, 12, 16, 17, 19, 20, 22, 27, 29 - no back cover/possibly missing back few pages(?), 30, 31, 32, 33, 38, 39, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 58, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 72, 73, 74, 76, 79, 80, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 108, 111, 112, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 25, 30, 31, 43, 45
Game Player's Strategy Guide to Nintendo Games (*these are pretty rare(?)/odd/unique, I may want to keep these, but happy to donate if they're needed for scans)
Volume 1 Number 2, Volume 1 Number 3, Volume 2 Number 4

GamePro

94, 103, 110, 114
SWATPro
1991 Aug/Sep, 1992 Mar, 1992 Apr/May, 1992 Aug/Sep, 1993 Mar, 1993 Sep, 1994 Sep, 1994 Nov
And that's it - If there's any interest in this for scans or collecting, let me know!

E-Day    697

I don't have any of those, but am willing to scan them. My to-scan pile is getting small. I will go through what is already scanned and let you know what is needed.

Sounds great E-Day!

With as fast as I had to move I did consult the existing Retromags scans to see what all were 'needed'. Some of those middle numbered EGMs are the AMAZINGLY thick ones so I wasn't sure if those were just large in-progress scan projects or what, but since they weren't in the existing Retromags collections, they came with :)

No hurry but yep: figure out what you need out of all of it, let me know and give me an address, and I'll ship them all off on my dime. Love the site/project :D

E-Day    697

So here we go. This is what is needed:

Electronic Gaming Monthly
Everything except: 41, 42, 43, 50, 53, 66, 90, 104. You might notice that several that are needed are already on the site. However, they could greatly use an updated scan because the quality of the current one is only "okay", or because it was scanned many years ago when the page width standard was lower; 1280 pixels wide as opposed to the current 1600 pixels wide. There are several scans that are 1440 pixels wide which is the minimum standard now.
Everything except 2, 5, 13, 17, 18, 21, 30
Game Player's Strategy Guide to Nintendo Games
Volume 2 Number 4 (Volume 1 Number 2 and Volume 1 Number 3 are on the site but could use a rescan)
94 (Ultimate MK3 cover)
SWATPro
1991 Aug/Sep, 1992 Mar*, 1992 Apr/May, 1992 Aug/Sep, 1993 Mar, 1993 Sep, 1994 Sep, 1994 Nov
*available on the site but could use an updated scan

mowlan    2

hi! i have a lo of magz that I download before crahs de server... if you want any or all, say me, I dont have any problem to upload again.

• Like 1

A little over a month later... progress!

I got everything together, wrapped in cellophane for protection so mags wouldn't slide around on each other (and for general 'compression' to fit in a box), and have done some measurement work.

Looks like for managable-sized boxes I could fit one half of these into a 17" x 5" x 12" box, and the other in a 17" x 7" x 12". Problem arises here though.

E-Day, if you are in Ontario as your profile claims... shipping simply the 17x5x12 (weighing 28 lb. 15 oz.) to you, via the cheapest option at UPS, would be 50+ USD. I'm ALL for donating but that is a bit much for me right now, not to mention double that.

Open to suggestions here; no hurry as the mags aren't going anywhere, I really wanna donate 'em to RetroMags, just can't spare high shipping costs right now.

- V

E-Day    697

I am in Ontario. UPS is always pricey. Unfortunately, the USPS raised the price of their flat rate boxes to Canada. It used to be $25 for up to 20lbs to Canada in a medium box, but now it's $42, so not much better than UPS. FedEx is probably the same.

We can either split the shipping bewteen us, or start a collection to pay for the shipping. But splitting it between us is probably the best bet. There is no hurry as I can't really spare the shipping cost at the moment either, But we'll eventually get those magazines in the mail. You have a lot of great issues, including that fantastic December 1994 issue of EGM!

:) I was a huuuge EGM fan, going pretty far back, hehe. And yeah that issue 65 and some of the issues around it were MASSIVE. Great times :)

Oh crap that's horrible @ the USPS increase. Yeah not much better at all as I'm thinking a 17x5x12-ish could fit twice the medium box easily, at not too much more shipping cost.

I'll definitely go in partial on the shipping, for sure. Was planning on 20USD-ish per shipment at least anyway, but even that will have to wait a bit for me :( - Just didn't expect these things to weigh THAT much, though I should have known, lol.

Consider them Retromags' property though, as far as missing-issues and such go.