Rapidshare (Traffic limit error) all the time?

spoonman

I've been trying to grab this for someone who has a letter printed in it:

http://www.retromags.com/magazines/category/usa/game-players/game-players-issue-53#.U2fYBZDD_MI

I keep getting a "traffic limit error". I thought the bandwidth limit resets every day. I've been trying this one file for a few days now at specific times of the day such as 12:01am with no luck.

Is this just a ploy from RS to get you to pay money or is it really exceeding the limit that fast?

Rapidshare is pretty much crap nowadays after they made the last lot of changes to their service, one of which was screwing free user limits on accounts down. I downloaded the file no worries whatsoever as a premium user.

If Phillyman doesn't get his arse into gear and sort out issues like this by uploading them to the Retromags Filefactory account I'll make it available over at OGM for you. I think he and E-Day have lost sight of the prime goal of Retromags ... preserving magazines ... in their/his pursuit of being the be all, end all of gaming information. They're trying to out-do sites like 'Magazines of the Past' but I think it's actually been detrimental to the site.

PM me if they don't sort it out soon.

Rapidshare is pretty much crap nowadays after they made the last lot of changes to their service, one of which was screwing free user limits on accounts down. I downloaded the file no worries whatsoever as a premium user.

If Phillyman doesn't get his arse into gear and sort out issues like this by uploading them to the Retromags Filefactory account I'll make it available over at OGM for you. I think he and E-Day have lost sight of the prime goal of Retromags ... preserving magazines ... in their/his pursuit of being the be all, end all of gaming information. They're trying to out-do sites like 'Magazines of the Past' but I think it's actually been detrimental to the site.

PM me if they don't sort it out soon.

Thanks Kiwi..

PM coming.

• Retromags Curator

Last I heard, Phillyman was uploading everything to File Factory since rapidshare turned to crap. This was several weeks ago. And I haven't lost site of the prime goal of this site. However, I have limited access to things like the accounts where the magazines are kept, so I cannot add the ones I have done in. The last several months. I need access to everything he has access to. Then I could add stuff when he isn't around.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just discovered this site and I'm huge on nostalgia..I was having the same problems (and then some) downloading magazines on this site. I want a few strategy guides that Phillyman has uploaded (GoldenEye 007, Zelda Ocarina of Time to name a couple) but they are all on rapidshare. Every time I try to download them the download fails on me after a while and then I get the traffic limit error! I'm getting so frustrated. Any chance these magazines will be uploaded to file factory where I've had less problems?