Super Smash Bros. Wii U Release Date Announced!

• Retromags Curator

Looks like it will be a fun game, but I have still barely played Brawl, and I got that on launch day.

Now, if they had added Bonk in the game, so that you could have a matchup of Mario vs Sonic vs Pac-Man vs Bonk, I would definitely buy it. The ultimate fight to determine the 1991 console battle.

• Retromags Curator

I was going through one of my email folders where I put everything related to online shopping, and saw that I actually pre-ordered this game in June. Now the question is whether I keep it or return it. My 8-year-old brat seems to enjoy the 3DS demo quite a bit.

I was never a big fan of the Smash Bros. series, probably because I didn't like fighting games too much. I have to admit Nintendo characters beating up each other is fun with multiplayer. But the Wii U itself is pretty enticing for me right now with the new Mario and Zelda games (especially the upcoming Legend of Zelda next year). Plus, that indie game, Shovel Knight, looks great. Also, Xenoblade Chronicles X seems to be the first true RPG for the system.

I still can't find a single game I want to play on PS4 and Xbox One. lol. Maybe the new Final Fantasies coming out next year, but it's still a maybe.

• 4 weeks later...

I like fighters but never adjusted to SSB's mechanics - it's such a far cry from traditional fighting games. But I do appreciate the games as impressive celebrations of Nintendo history, though. Worth playing just for the nostalgic nods.

I'll probably pick up the Wii U version eventually. The 3DS installment - based on the demo - is just too tough to play on the small screen. I'll have to upgrade to a XL model before I take the portable plunge on that one.

• 2 months later...

I have yet to get a Wii U. I am debating on getting that or an Xbox One. I am still on my 360 which I don't play all that often. Not sure if getting a new console is worth it right now. I do love and have loved SSB since the first one was released. Heck, I am still a fan of Mario party!