RETRO Magazine Year 2 Kickstarter!

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

RETRO magazine has recently launched their year two Kickstarter funding campaign. Being a subscriber from their first Kickstarter, I was quick to jump on resubscribing for year two. The digital only subscription will run $18, but I ended up going with the $30 plan which gives you 6 physical copies plus their digital counterparts. It's really great to see RETRO coming back for a second year. Follow the link below to get involved!

Yep, RETRO is a great magazine for those who can't afford UK-based Retro Gamer. It doesn't have as much retro gaming coverage. But still, it's the only video game print magazine in the U.S. that has both retro and modern games. I'm subscribing to the 2nd year for sure! Guess I'll do the $30 deal for Print & Digital.

• Retromags Curator

Yep, RETRO is a great magazine for those who can't afford UK-based Retro Gamer. It doesn't have as much retro gaming coverage. But still, it's the only video game print magazine in the U.S. that has both retro and modern games. I'm subscribing to the 2nd year for sure! Guess I'll do the $30 deal for Print & Digital.

Check out my other thread with the $6.51 per issue RetroGamer subscription. While its not a $20 USA magazine subscription like we usually see.....still a great price for their magazine.

Hey Thanks for the plug over here on Retromags! How many of you are subscribers over here? Love to get some input on what you like, dislike about RETRO so far. We are excited to start publishing the second year and have quite a few surprises to reveal as we move forward.

Mike Kennedy

Publisher | RETRO

Hey Mike! Welcome to Retromags! Glad you could join us here. I've been a subscriber to RETRO since the beginning. I'm a hardcore video game magazine collector since the dawn of Nintendo Power. So, you know I'll be getting RETRO as long as you guys are still publishing it. :-) Great job on the magazine, I can't wait for the next issue to hit my mailbox. Good luck with the Year 2 Kickstarter. Looks like it has already surpassed the first goal, awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

Bit late to this party, but glad you posted this thread. I never would have known about it if not. It's not like I really NEED another subscription (between Motortrend, Grassroots Motorsports, Hot Rod, and Automobile, I have plenty to read) but my mailbox is devoid of gaming ever since PTOM went under back in late 2012.

Pitched in enough to get the digital first year as well as print / digital for year 2. Looking forward to seeing what you and your team have to offer Mr Kennedy. :)

P.S. - you should try to get Chris Slate to write for you on occasion. He was always a blast to read back in GP / UGP / PSM.

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

I'm not gonna lie...when I grew up, I wanted to be Chris Slate (well, maybe 'Christy Slate' in my case). That guy parlayed a childhood spent playing video games into a magazine editorship when he was, what, 19? Twenty? I'd happily read anything he contributed to Retro, so consider this two votes for tracking him down. :)

*huggles*
Areala