French Video Game Magazines

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Can anyone speak french? I came across this article the other day on Kotaku about this magazine cover.

http://kotaku.com/boy-this-magazine-cover-sure-was-grim-1655722977

rrc8su8s6zpnehjjvxoj.jpg

So I started to look for any information on "Player One" magazine, and came across this website.

http://www.abandonware-magazines.org/index.php

I just need help reading how many issues of each magazine exist, so that I can bring up a France section in the database and start creating records for all of these magazines.

• 4 months later...

Can anyone speak french? I came across this article the other day on Kotaku about this magazine cover.

http://kotaku.com/boy-this-magazine-cover-sure-was-grim-1655722977

rrc8su8s6zpnehjjvxoj.jpg

So I started to look for any information on "Player One" magazine, and came across this website.

http://www.abandonware-magazines.org/index.php

I just need help reading how many issues of each magazine exist, so that I can bring up a France section in the database and start creating records for all of these magazines.

There are 104 issues (1-104) plus 3 special issues (HS 06, HS Chroniques, HS La compil 1994) of Player One.

I can't read French, though ^^.

• 8 years later...

Figured I'd bump this nearly-ten-year-old topic as I have a number of French magazines I plan on scanning but will need database entries for them. Thankfully the site listed in the OP already has complete or nearly complete databases for all of them (I imagine that likely wasn't the case ten years ago). And for two magazines that aren't complete I've managed to fill in about 99% of the gaps in regards to release dates (a harder task than you might think - French magazine dates can be weird sometimes).

Consoles News
May 1996 - ? (at least 69 issues)
The least complete entry, but I do know there are at least 69 issues. (Kinda forgot about this one until I went to make this post, so I haven't done any research yet beyond the latest issue number I could find).

Game Play 64
August/September 1997 - December/January 2000 (20 issues)
Complete. Will also need a section for specials (Hors-série).

Game Play 128
November/December 2001 - February/March 2005 (25 issues)
Mostly complete. Issue 20 was the only issue I couldn't find a definitive date for, but that just means I don't know if the issue is labeled as March/April or March/May. For example 21 is May/July and 22 is July/September; still bimonthly AFAIK, but a month is skipped on the cover for some reason. (I actually don't have any of these yet but I plan on buying some in the future.)

Gameplay RPG 
April 2000 - July/August 2006 (64 issues)
Mostly complete. The issue numbers listed here are messed up due to using either the actual issue number or the number listed on the cover. Long story short the numbering continues on from Game Play 64, beginning from issue 21 and ending with issue 84 (Wikipedia says 85 but that appears to be wrong), apparently to save on costs according to this forum thread. I've managed to find the dates for all issues, mostly thanks to eBay listings.
I'll also note there was a relaunch of this magazine that ran for 16 issues from November 2006 to September/October 2008. The covers of those can be viewed here.

PC Soluces
February/March 1996 - at least March 2000 (35 or more issues)
Mostly complete.

Player One
September 1990 - January 2000 (104 issues)
Complete.

Ultra Player
March/April 1995 - January/February 1997 (12 issues)
Complete. Sequel to Nintendo Player (also complete), with the numbering continuing on from that magazine.

• Like 1