Sign in to follow this  
Lycanthrokeith

Clarifiction Question

Hello.

This is probably obvious, but what exactly does a magazine listed as "Not Allowed" mean? Is it not allowed to new members (like myself at the moment) or not cleared for download by the owner?

I've seen this in reference to Diehard GameFan, if anyone wonders what I'm referring to.

Thanks.

Phillyman    403

Hello Lycan,

The Not Allowed status means that the magazine falls into one of these situations....

1) The publisher has requested that we NOT preserve their magazines (Game Informer/GameFan)

2) The publication is still being published and falls outside of our 1999 rule

3) The publication is no longer being published and falls outside of our 2004 rule

twiztor    100

I see, thank you.

Is it possible for magazines in this status to be taken out of it at a future date?

theoretically possible, but i'd say it's pretty unlikely for GameFan to email and say "go ahead and put up our magazines for free download"

• Like 1

Areala    25,515

At this point, the magazines marked "Not Allowed" exist in the database mainly for reference purposes so they can hopefully get indexed and help people figure out what they're missing from their collections.

Could they one day shift to an Allowed status? In some cases yes (as time goes by and the 1999/2004 rules shift). In others (GameFan/Game Informer chiefly), it's very unlikely. GameFan sells digital versions of several of their early issues, and Game Informer maintains their own archive of content though it isn't for anyone except employees at this time. :)

*huggles*
Areala

• Like 1