Sign in to follow this  
LostLuggage

Your favorite retro arcade games?

LostLuggage    1

I’ve been thinking back to some of my favorite retro arcade games. I remember playing Frogger and Ms. Pac-Man. I really liked playing Centipede because of the ball. What was your favorite games to play?

Zarxrax    2

I was crazy about TMNT and the Simpsons games when I was a kid.

But at that time, I was basically dependant on begging my parents for a quarter, and I would be lucky to get one. So I didn't really get to play them much.

Most poignant arcade memory would have to be when I was probably around 12 or 13 years old. Little scrawney kid. I was in an arcade playing Street Fighter II. BIG guy gomes up and puts in a quarter and fights me. He has no idea what he's doing, and I beat him easily. I can tell that he was getting agitated during the game, and he kept cussing a lot. After I beat him, he then proceeded to RIP the controls off of the machine, and walk away. I stood there about ready to piss my pants. The controls were still attached by a hinge on the front, so I just folded it back up and kept playing. Didn't wanna waste the rest of my quarter.

Edited by Zarxrax

RetroDefense    136

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Altered Beast

X-Men

Outrun

Afterburner II

Golden Axe

Asteroids

Hydro Thunder

Smash TV

Chase HQ

Wrestle War

Spy Hunter

Night Striker

Mercs

Cadash

Street Fighter II

Vs. Duck Hunt

All time favorite arcade game (as a really young kid)...

Tempest

2nd favorite arcade game...

Gauntlet

3rd favorite arcade game...

Hard Drivin'

Special mention goes to Rampart. I got into a lot of other games, of course, but these are the top 3 for some reason. My golden era of playing in the arcade was mid-80's through early-90's.

Areala    25,515

I cannot count how many quarters my brother and I wasted playing the likes of 'Double Dragon' and 'Final Fight' in the arcades. I also loved those trackball shooters like 'Cabal'. :)

*huggles*
Areala