Your favorite retro arcade games?

LostLuggage

I was crazy about TMNT and the Simpsons games when I was a kid.

But at that time, I was basically dependant on begging my parents for a quarter, and I would be lucky to get one. So I didn't really get to play them much.

Most poignant arcade memory would have to be when I was probably around 12 or 13 years old. Little scrawney kid. I was in an arcade playing Street Fighter II. BIG guy gomes up and puts in a quarter and fights me. He has no idea what he's doing, and I beat him easily. I can tell that he was getting agitated during the game, and he kept cussing a lot. After I beat him, he then proceeded to RIP the controls off of the machine, and walk away. I stood there about ready to piss my pants. The controls were still attached by a hinge on the front, so I just folded it back up and kept playing. Didn't wanna waste the rest of my quarter.

Edited by Zarxrax

• 2 weeks later...

All time favorite arcade game (as a really young kid)...

Tempest

2nd favorite arcade game...

Gauntlet

3rd favorite arcade game...

Hard Drivin'

Special mention goes to Rampart. I got into a lot of other games, of course, but these are the top 3 for some reason. My golden era of playing in the arcade was mid-80's through early-90's.

• 2 years later...