Sign in to follow this  
16bitsOfHerbert

Minor site issues, some requests and a question

Hello!

Here are some (minor) issues I'm having with the site:

• When an issue is edited by clicking Edit Issue, making a change and then clicking Save, Phillyman is always(?) credited when clicking Magazines in the menu bar. Is this because his name is almost always leftmost in the Page Credits field when editing a magazine? It doesn't matter that much if credit isn't given when I'm making edits; it's just a bit weird.
  • When clicking a video game magazine that hasn't been edited, you are informed about the 2014 competition. I believe it's over. Again, just a minor issue

Also some requests:

• As I've stated in my earlier forum post, the submitted Nintendo Magazine System issues are actually for the AUS version. Could someone create the AUS version and place the files there instead?
  • Could someone add the missing Super Play Gold 1993 issue to the Super Play magazine section? I want to index it.

And a question:

Thank you!

Phillyman    403

Hello!

Here are some (minor) issues I'm having with the site:

• When an issue is edited by clicking Edit Issue, making a change and then clicking Save, Phillyman is always(?) credited when clicking Magazines in the menu bar. Is this because his name is almost always leftmost in the Page Credits field when editing a magazine? It doesn't matter that much if credit isn't given when I'm making edits; it's just a bit weird.
  • When clicking a video game magazine that hasn't been edited, you are informed about the 2014 competition. I believe it's over. Again, just a minor issue

Also some requests:

• As I've stated in my earlier forum post, the submitted Nintendo Magazine System issues are actually for the AUS version. Could someone create the AUS version and place the files there instead?
  • Could someone add the missing Super Play Gold 1993 issue to the Super Play magazine section? I want to index it.

And a question:

Thank you!

1) Its how the software is programmed. Basically it is showing you the author/creator of each record. I am not a fan of it, as I would rather it shows you the last person to edit the record. I hope to hire someone or find a way to change this in the near future. If I cant change it, I am pretty sure I can remove it all together from showing my name all over the place

2) Removed, forgot that was in the templates.

3) Creating a section for them and will move them shortly

4) Added a record for that issue

5) Retromags only provides magazines that we have scanned ourselves. It would just be very cumbersome to keep up with other sites and their download links, their rules, etc.