marktrade's work in progress

marktrade

I just noticed the text PDF file that archive.org derived from the CBR has pages that are out of order, probably because I did not number the jpegs with leading zeroes and whatever software they're using needs that. I'll fix that for future scans.

Always accepting feedback!

After I finish with the 12 issues of Official Dreamcast (I do not have issue 0) I'll go to the rest of my collection that includes some PC Entertainment, PC Games, PC Gamer, PLAY magazine, Next Generation, NextGen, GMR, and some MacAddict for OGM. I also have some issues of Tips and Tricks that sold for really cheap at auction. I'll be very busy.

• Like 1

I also have an issue of Game On! and a few issues of Game Developer Magazine, which is available free online as a PDF but with all the ads removed. I can scan some issues with ads that only developers would have seen. They're pretty interesting, worth saving. Oh! And I forgot I also have several issues of PC Accelerator.

I also plan to upload my collection of Next Generation coverdiscs, which include interviews and gameplay videos and other multimedia, as well as PC Accelerator demo discs, to archive.org.

And in case anyone missed it, I finished uploading all my issues of Inside Mac Games to archive.org. Most of those discs have not been available to anyone else for auction for over eight years and I don't think they've been available online ever.

All magazines I have are from the US.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the feedback! I have many issues of Next Generation that are already on the site but eventually I want to scan those too. I think the scans that are already up are great but it can't hurt to have more, right?

Issue 7 of Official Dreamcast (US) is up!

Official_Sega_Dreamcast_7_cover.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks! I noticed that PC Entertainment, PC Games, PC Accelerator, and Game Developer didn't have their own sections. I can try to find out more about them and how many issues there are in existence, but PDFs of Game Developer (ads removed) can be found here:

http://www.gdcvault.com/gdmag

Also here's Issue 8 of Official Dreamcast (Edit: ugh, forgot to rename it "CBR" again). Only four more to go! Has anyone seen a copy of "Issue 0" anywhere? Is it especially rare or expensive?

Official_Sega_Dreamcast_8_cover.jpg

• Like 2

Here's an issue of PC Entertainment (formerly called "Electronic Entertainment," eventually called "PC Games," and eventually absorbed into PC Gamer).

https://archive.org/details/PCEntertainment28Apr1996

PC_Entertainment_28_Apr_1996_cover.jpg

I scanned a couple issues of GMR but evidently they were a bit dirty since I had to keep cleaning the scanner after every 10 pages or so. I wanted to get something done so I went into my stock of magazines still sealed in their plastic wrap. Yeah! This issue of PC Entertainment came clean out of its original plastic bag, which bundled it with a multimedia CD-ROM. The seal wasn't hermetic. The ink shows a small amount of fading, but still excellent. After scanning a bunch of used mags it was really nice to watch a "new" magazine go clean through the scanner.

I'm uploading the disc right now, but archive.org seems to slow down its upload speed at night. I'll post the link tomorrow.

• Like 3

I don't know why I thought it was okay to clean with a black lint-free cloth. I tried to buy the highest quality I could and it just came in black. I switched to a white lint-free cloth and then I truly saw how much residue I was pulling off. Holy jesus.