Seller with massive collection 0.99 cent auctions

You guys might want to keep an eye on this seller. He has an enormous collection and is selling it off in pieces with auctions that start at 0.99.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/billmarioman/m.html?item=381266196732&hash=item58c53c78fc&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Right now he has Atari Age, Sega Power, VG&CE, and some trade publications and newsletters, like Atari Owner's Club Bulletin, Activision Newsletter, and Games People Play, as well as some other more obscure magazines like Dimension 3 and Game Go. There's Future Play and Game On.

He showed me some pictures of his collection and even if he sold magazines at this rate it would last years, so keep an eye on him!

Those are some nice lots! Eight out of nine Incite magazines are in one of them as well...I don't know if that magazine is good or not, but for the sake of preservation, this might be an offer someone with a good scanner (which is not me) wants to look into.

• Like 1

Those are some nice lots! Eight out of nine Incite magazines are in one of them as well...I don't know if that magazine is good or not, but for the sake of preservation, this might be an offer someone with a good scanner (which is not me) wants to look into.

Good catch! I didn't realize there were only nine.

Is anyone interested? I could certainly make a low end bid, if no one else wants it or has it already.

One day left until most of the auctions are over (which seem to be USA exclusive)! Because I am bored, here are various magazines in the auctions that Retromags doesn't yet seem to have:

-Ultimate Gamer Magazine (December 1995): No bids so far. It actually seems like this magazine isn't even in the database, although it only ran for around six issues (this being one of the last ones). However, I did find a past topic on this forum with more information: http://community.retromags.com/topic/9773-ultimate-gamer/#.VWFD4rm4Rdg

-Expert Gamer (December 1998): I think there's only a single archived Expert Gamer on this web site, and it's not this one. No bids so far.

-P.S.X. (Lot of 7): Short-lived magazine that turned into Official Playstation Magazine, only one P.S.X. has been archived here (which is actually in this lot, but there's still six unscanned ones!). $13 shipping and handling, but probably worth it for someone with a really good scanner. No bids so far.

-Games People Play (Lot of 4): A newsletter that, for all I know, is already out there on the internet. $6 shipping and handling, no bids so far. It'd be cool to preserve more newsletters (I think there are some here, though) and fanzines on this web site as well, although fanzines in particular are VERY rare and hard to find.

-Next Generation Issue 42: Unscanned, $5 shipping and handling. I actually own this one, but have never scanned a magazine in my life and don't know how to do it without tearing the magazine apart. I can say, though, that it's a really interesting issue that's worth scanning.

-VG&CE (Lot of 8 with Issue #1!): Issues 1, 9, and 13 are unscanned. One bid (is that you, marktrade?), $13 shipping and handling.

-VG&CE (November 1990, has Elvira on the cover): Unscanned, one bid, $5 shipping and handling.

-VG&CE (December 1990, has TMNT on the cover): Unscanned, two bids, $5 shipping and handling.

-VG&CE (Lot of 14, 1990-1991): Several are unscanned, particularly the 1991 issues. Three bids! $13 shipping and handling.

-VG&CE (Lot of 15, 1992-1993): Very few of the 1992 issues are scanned. Two bids, $13 shipping and handling.

-Sega Power (Lot of 11 plus a Mean Machines issue): United Kingdom magazines. None are scanned. Two bids, $13 shipping and handling.

-Game On! (Lot of 4): Three of four are unscanned (the exception being the first issue). Two bids, $6 shipping and handling.

-Incite Video Gaming (Lot of 8, 1999-2000): According to this web site, there are only nine Incite magazines that ever came out. However, they are listed as being PC Gaming magazines on this web site. This lot calls them Video Gaming magazines, and they have different covers than the ones listed in Incite PC Gaming. Hm! In any case, unscanned. One bid, $13 shipping and handling.

-Future Play (Volume 2, Holiday Issue 1989): World of Nintendo Official Products Catalog...it makes sense to scan, right? Rare, apparently unscanned, two bids, $3.50 shipping and handling.

-Ultra Game Players (November 1997): Listed as Issue 84 on this web site with a Sonic cover. This one has an alternate Zelda cover, but is listed as being Issue 103 on ebay. Unscanned. Four bids! $4 shipping and handling.

I think that's all of the non-scanned stuff, although I probably did miss something. You have until the end of Sunday (it says 8 PM for me) to swoop in and get some sweet deals.

• Like 1

I haven't made any bids yet. Thank you for reminding me. I've been buying other auctions over the past few weeks so my funds are spread pretty thin, but I will make low level bids on Incite, Dimension 3, Game On!, and Expert Gamer if no one else does.

I got those 8 issues of Incite for a dollar! Maybe there's a reason that magazine never took off.

Expert Gamer for a dollar as well.

The issues of Dimension 3 were 15 dollars, which I bid a few dollars more on because they seemed very rare and interesting, and from my favorite era of gaming.

I made a bid on Game On! but lost. I've seen a few more Game On! auctions go up so those should be less difficult to find. I have the issue with Dural on the cover. I should scan that next.

• Like 1