If I own Nintendo Power magazines that are "missing" can I add them to the collection here?

HomerunChippah

1 hour ago, kitsunebi77 said:

As I said, I would not approve those.  There is visible distortion, blurring, and shadow on the gutter side of the page.  We debind almost all magazines that we scan here, not because we want to destroy our magazines, but because it's the only way to get a quality scan.  I'm not sure if most people truly appreciate the sacrifices that go into every scan they download from our site (from the relatively small number of thanks we receive, I suppose not.)

Don't worry, though, if you do ever scan your mags, they can always be added to the Internet Archive.  They don't care about quality (nor about stealing other peoples' scans - so you can upload them right next to their Nintendo Power collection, almost all of which they stole from us.  It'll be almost just like uploading your mags to the real Retromags!🤣)

Please don't think I'm trying to discourage you from scanning your mags, btw.  Your scans might not be a fit for Retromags, but they WILL be appreciated no matter where they end up.

Hey thanks for the reply! I completely understand that these scans wouldn't pass your quality standards here. I promise to whomever stumbles upon this post in the future, that I'll update this thread with links to my uploads to the internet archive so anyone looking for them can find them.

I don't have an ETA on when I'll be able to get it done, but hopefully I'll get it done within a month or two. 

Thanks again everyone, I'm glad there is still some interest in getting these scans uploaded. Cheers!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HomerunChippah said:

Hey thanks for the reply! I completely understand that these scans wouldn't pass your quality standards here. I promise to whomever stumbles upon this post in the future, that I'll update this thread with links to my uploads to the internet archive so anyone looking for them can find them.

I don't have an ETA on when I'll be able to get it done, but hopefully I'll get it done within a month or two. 

Thanks again everyone, I'm glad there is still some interest in getting these scans uploaded. Cheers!

I would love to see them! Which ones will you be uploading? I would love to have scans of 146-148. Also the ones I have of  140, 142-145 are really bad quality. Looking forward to whatever you can share, thanks again!

20 hours ago, seam said:

I would love to see them! Which ones will you be uploading? I would love to have scans of 146-148. Also the ones I have of  140, 142-145 are really bad quality. Looking forward to whatever you can share, thanks again!

The plan is to scan and upload all of the issues that are listed in my first post from 2015. I'll post updates any time I finish a batch of them!

• 6 months later...