PC Home magazine

Omytere

Hello, I hope this is in the right spot.

I recently heard a reference to a game magazine supposedly called PC home. But so far I haven't been able to find any information about it other than that it was probably only published in the UK and the first issue was published October 1992.

So I'd like to know has anyone heard of it or know anything about it? Or if not could anyone give me some recommendations on how to actually find it?

Thanks in advance for any replies/help.

Edited by Omytere

PC Home was a large format (e.g. bigger than A4 size) magazine first published in the UK by IDG Media around August 1993. It was targeted at a similar audience to Future Publishing's PC Format magazine in that it offered articles on both creative and gaming uses. Included on the front of the magazine was a software disc of demo software. It would appear that possibly both a floppy disk and CD edition were available at some point during its publication run.

It ran for at least 32 issues as I have #32 sitting on my desk as I write this. It is one of the magazines I will be scanning in the near future. I think I might have one other issue in the huge pile of magazines in my basement somewhere.

• Like 3

I thought that sounded like an IDG magazine, but I couldn't find it in the IDG magazine index in the back of my Electronic Entertainment issues. I think I confused it with PC World.

From what I've been able to find online, PC Home was (at least for a while) published by Paragon Publishing and continued at least until 2005. Did iDG buyout or sell PC Home at some point maybe?

http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/article/507195/paragon-launches-two-new-pc-titles

http://www.wrx.zen.co.uk/mags/corner.htm

• Like 1

Thank you KiwiArcader and marktrade. I'm a little surprised it's been so hard to find concrete information on this so far. It's good to know that the magazine does in fact exist and someone has a physical copy of at least one or two issues.

• 5 years later...

Hi, Very interesting website; I've just stumbled across this topic and have Issue 1 of PC Home published in November 1992.

In the day, I had a habit of collecting new magazines popping up on the newstands and came across this when I was sorting my magazines today to sell on eBay.

I also have Computer Life issue 1 from 1995 and Issue 1 of PC Xpert, advertised as the World's first online magazine, and CD Rom Today issue 1 from April/May 1994

• 10 months later...