Sign in to follow this  
Phillyman

Christopher Lee has passed away at 93

Phillyman    403

Such sad news, I really enjoyed his roles in Lord of the Rings, Hobbit and StarWars :(

Christopher Lee, the British actor known for his many film roles including Count Dracula in numerous movies and Saruman the White in The Lord of the Rings, has died at the age of 93 reports The Telegraph. Lee reportedly died at at London’s Chelsea and Westminster Hospital at 08:30AM local time on Sunday after being admitted three weeks before with respiratory problems.

Lee has played villains from Scaramanga to Saruman

Lee first came to prominence playing Count Dracula in a string of films in the '50s and '60s for cult UK studio Hammer Horror. His six foot five tall frame and menacing air allowed him to take up villainous roles in some of the movie world's biggest franchises in the following years. Lee played Bond villain Francisco Scaramanga in The Man with the Golden Gun, Sith lord Count Dooku in two Star Wars prequels, and turncoat wizard Saruman in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Lee considered his best film, however, to be the 1973 classic The Wicker Man, where he played the aristocratic leader of a pagan cult, Lord Summerisle

Source
http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/11/8764581/christopher-lee-dead-at-93

KiwiArcader    471

Truly one of the greats.

Personally, I thought his cameo in The Hobbit when he went to the aid of Gandalf with the Elf Queen was wonderful when you consider how old he was at the time of filming.

RetroDefense    136

Truly one of the greats.

Personally, I thought his cameo in The Hobbit when he went to the aid of Gandalf with the Elf Queen was wonderful when you consider how old he was at the time of filming.

As did I. I really appreciated Lee's character having an opportunity to shine in a positive light.

Such a prolific career. I'm thankful he was able to contribute so much fantastic work over his lifetime. That my kids will remember him from their own favorite films speaks volumes.