Credits

joedick

Hello all! I'm excited to get back into this community! I'm not quite clear on how the credits system works and can't seem to find any info on it. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Also, I made a donation earlier in the year that I believe was to grant me unlimited downloads for the year. How does that get applied?

• Retromags Curator

Welcome back joedick,

The credits system is a new feature that I will be implementing in the future. Basically actions on the Retromags site translate into points. The actions would be....

Creating a new topic

Replying to an existing topic

Adding images to the Gallery

Giving Positive Reputation

etc

Now what will those points be good for? Well I am thinking of making the direct downloads function off of those points. So you would cash in your activity points for downloading magazines directly from Retromags. I am also thinking of opening up a Retromags storefront that would act as a means for us to sell off duplicate magazines that we have acquired, or items from the magazines....such as posters, supplements, trading cards...etc. I may allow the points to be "cashed out' for items in the store. I am also toying around with allowing them to be cashed out for Steam gift cards. But that is all centered around making sure that the system can not be gamed or manipulated.

Onto the second question, thank you for your donation. Anyone who helped fund our dedicated server will be exempt from having to use "points" to download magazines directly from Retromags. You guys are all going to be put into a "Patron" group that will still be allowed to "acquire" points, but will not be required to spend any points for downloads. However that functionality does not currently exist in the credits system, so I need someone to program in that exclusion for Staff, Patron, Team Members.

Now due to our low traffic right now, I have no limits on how much anyone can download. Any registered member can download as many releases as they want. Once we start pushing the limits, then I will start imposing limits, but right now have fun and get caught up :)