What classics do you have on your xbox 360/ONE?

JoeyBean

I get a lot of classics and remakes off the marketplace. My most recent is the TMNT game. I played that for hours when I was younger so I was glad to see it for sale on there. I have others as well but I am curious to see if anyone else plays classics on modern systems?

I play classics & quality remakes on modern systems all the time - I'm a sucker for physical retro compilations, actually. Uber-excited for Rare Replay on Xbox One.

I don't like to download classics though. I don't consider downloading a digital video game to actually be ownership - with today's heavy-handed DRM, they're more like extended rentals - so I'll almost always try to find the original, physical game instead.

That said, I've made exceptions for rare, expensive physical games. And I'll sometimes buy digital downloads to compliment my physical original if there's some additional benefit (save states, portability, etc). I'll also grab arcade releases if no satisfactory physical port exists or if the price is right.

So I have a few. Off the top of my head:

• The classic TMNT and X-Men arcade games
  • R-Type Dimensions - physical home ports will continue on but I'll miss those revamped graphics
  • Guardian Heroes - I sold my Saturn copy years ago (doh)
  • Afterburner Climax - happy to know the arcade version will continue to exist, somewhere
  • Duck Tales Remastered - I really need to pick up the physical disc sometime
  • Strider - digital-only in the states but Japan's PS3 physical release is region-free, apparently