Any old Ninento Power readers here?

• 1 month later...

I have always been a big fan of EGM my self. Still have my old issues from the early 90 all the way up the the early 2000's. But thanks to this amazing site I have been reading the old Nintendo powers. I really missed out on these back in the 90's

I prefer EGM for most systems but NES was really best with Nintendo power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I loved Nintendo Power. I remember reading the first strategy on Final Fantasy 2. I couldn't put it down. I still go back and read Power for nes reviews on obscure games and hidden gems, especially shmups. If I was on a desert island, I would be happy with the nes/famicom library.

• 2 weeks later...

I was obsessed with the NES when I was a kid, so my parents got me a Nintendo Power subscription around issue 9 or 10. Naturally, I loved it. I would read every issue cover-to-cover repeatedly; I was especially fond of the full-color photo maps of games that let you see how everything was laid out. They covered games in such depth that, as an earlier poster said, you could almost play the game in your head by following the magazine's breakdowns.

For whatever reason, I was full of brand loyalty as a child, and it was Nintendo or nothing. I finally got a Playstation in '96, and that was around the same time I let my NP subscription expire. I'm not sure which was the last issue I received; the most recent one I remember had Cyrax from Mortal Kombat 3 on the cover. I moved on to Game Players since they had such a fresh, innovative voice that set them apart from competitors. Their irreverence really appealed to a teenager's sensibilities. Even so, I always cherished my Nintendo Power collection.

• 2 months later...