Magazines to donate

NikNaks

Hi there!

I came across the magazine-archiving community by chance, and I'd like to donate my collection of magazines. I've got the bulk of mid-to late issues of both the Official Playstation (original run) and the Official Playstation 2 magazines. I plan to do a proper inventory of them, so if you have specific gaps I can check.

I don't really have the capacity to scan them myself, but if anyone is interested in taking them off my hands I'm more than willing to pay shipping (I'm based in the Midlands in the UK). They're in decent condition for the most part, having been moved around various boxes for the last ten or so years, and almost all have their associated demo discs (although I'm not sure if there's any capacity to archive those).

I've made a similar offer at OldGameMags without hearing anything back, so I'm guessing there's not a huge amount of demand for these titles, but I thought it was worth a shot! Apologies if this is the wrong place for this, but I saw similar threads in this forum. Also, if there's somewhere/someone else that might want this collection, do let me know.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I have the following issues:

Official PS UK (original run):

47, 48, 50, 53-60, 62-69, 71-73, 75, 78-90

All of these have the associated demo disc and the magazines themselves are in good condition, a little dog-eared on the cover at most - 64 and 68 are the only ones where this seems to be a potential issue and I can photograph these if you want to assess the damage

I also have the demo discs (but not the magazines) for issues 43, 51, 61, 70, 74 and 77, as well as the "Registered Users Demo" and "Demo One" discs that I assume came with the console. I am not entirely sure what happened to these magazines, as these were mostly given to me by my brother some years ago.

Official PS UK (PS3+ run):

21-27

These all also have the demo disc (except 23) and I also inexplicably have demo disc #28 but no magazine to go with it. These are all in good condition.

Official PS2 UK:

1, 2, 24-27, 30-38. 40-45. 47. 48. 50. 54. 55. 57-89, 96-100

I'm doing the inventory for these at the moment, so expect the post to update. These are the issues I think I have from a quick look.

• Like 1

Apparently I can't edit my own post! Anyway, here's the full inventory for the PS2 magazines:

1,2, 24-27, 30-38, 40-45, 47, 48, 50, 54, 55, 57-100

All are in good condition except issue #50, which has a small amount of damage to the top edge on the left side, where it seems a mouse has nibbled away at it slightly. The damage to others is limited to dog-eared corners, as with the others. All have their demo discs, except issue #1. I'm not sure if this issue came with a disc, as the one for #2 is a Tekken Tag Tournament single game demo disc. I also have discs for #6 and a "Playstation 2 Demo Disc", which seems similar to the PSX one already listed. I also have a "Winter 2004" Special Edition of the magazine (issue #19) which also has its demo disc.

• Like 1

I'm not aware of the state of magazine demo disc preservation for Playstation consoles. Is there a community out there organized and working on it? If so then I could help rip those for you and ensure accurate dumps. I seem to be one of the few people at Retromags interested in preserving magazine discs. :lol: But I wouldn't know where to share them. I upload my PC and Mac magazine discs to archive.org but I don't think they're interested in console discs.

This would be so much easier if underground-gamer were still around! I'll ask around some other forums.

I can also scan the magazines for you. I live in Arizona so shipping could be quite high.

Are there any scanners on Retromags who live in the UK? Oh, btw, KiwiArcader over at OldGameMags has been busy with family visiting him so that probably explains why he has not responded. He might know a scanner in the UK.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just wondering if anyone closer to me has appeared and might be interested? As before I'm happy to cover some or all of the shipping (within reason!) and I still have all of the ones listed in my earlier posts.

I have been cleaning my basement amd have a few diffrent magazines that are listed as missing. How can Imdonate these??

I live in the Netherlands so close to home would be nice.