What was the last video game system that you bought?

Last month I bought a PlaystationTV for under $30 because I heard that you could hack it run any Vita game, which meant that I could play Wipeout 2047 on my TV. It was cumbersome setting up and overall disappointing. Vita games look so ugly on a big TV and there's no reason for Wipeout games to be mobile exclusive. I should have known better, but I love Wipeout, so I just had to see it.

The last system that I bought was the wii. Lately I've been purchasing handheld because they offer more variety especially old school gaming,more content,usally ports of consoles but more importantly since I like preserving my games I buy handheld because those carts last more than their cd xonterparts. I am also wondering if I can get back into modern gaming I hate dlc,day one passes,online gaming (data caps); (smh you pay for Internet than pay again for usage,amiibos and play to start games)and other things like waiting through cuts cents and tutorials instead of just pressing start and playing.

Last system I purchased was over the summer I picked up a New Nintendo 3DS XL. I bought it to primarily play Xenoblade. I handed down my silver Mario and Luigi special edition 3DS XL to my 6 year old son. Its great to play multiplayer games with him on the go.

About a year ago bought a Xbox 360, one of the first models with the HDMI option. Bought it basically to play Gears Of War Judgment. The only gears title i didn't play up to that point. Old xbox 360 stopped working a long time ago, so got it for 40 bucks. Nice deal and the game was good. Worth it.

Bought a Japanese Sega Saturn a few days ago, in preparation for the Rhea I'll have soon. Can't wait to finally check out Nights into Dreams

I thought about buying cd based consoles but cds don't last forever nor parts or the console with its moving mechanical parts now if they found a way to modify your console to except SD cards/flash carts like device I would buy a cd based retro console. I love the Saturn and dream cast am not a Sega fan nor fan boy but I think Sega developed some sexy looking devices and I love their names I mean come on:saturn,dreamcast,32x,genesis/mega drive and the prototype Pluto just sound cool.

I haven't bought any modern gaming console. The last console I own was the wii and although smash brothers was fun I felt dissatisfaction in missing out ps3 titles like backtothefuture,jurassic park,street fighter vs tekken and batman arkham asylum. Now with my budget and lifestyle I just don't want to keep upgrading to new consoles and have a ton of cd games that will degrade,collect dust and lose value with time. That's why I now buy handhelds like the 3ds because they have at least one more generation of backwards compatibility so far and the cart based games will out last any cd based format game. I'm actually one of those people modern gamers hate a smartphone user. I just love the variety and options my smartphone gives me I can text,chat,message,watch movies,play retro games on emulators with GAME GENIE support and other options like streaming to a big screen television etc etc. I think the era of handhelds and consoles might soon be over if smartphones keep evolving the way that have well until they find out how to make a looking lasting battery any how's.

Bought a Japanese Sega Saturn a few days ago, in preparation for the Rhea I'll have soon. Can't wait to finally check out Nights into Dreams

Are they making Rhea;s available again. I really want one. But last time they looked where not available. I have a USB-GD Rom I need to install as well but has been put on the back burner while scanning magazines.

Are they making Rhea;s available again. I really want one. But last time they looked where not available. I have a USB-GD Rom I need to install as well but has been put on the back burner while scanning magazines.

They're made available periodically. I was lucky enough to visit the webpage on the day they went on sale.

Got a "New" 3DS XL

Having used it for a couple weeks I've noticed I did not need to upgrade from my old 3DS XL at all. The screens are the same to my eyes and nothing I play uses the new buttons. Its even slightly more annoying to use because you have to use a tiny screwdriver to dig out the microsd card if you want to replace it with a higher capacity one.

• 2 weeks later...

I took advantage of Microsoft's $50.00 price cut and bought an Xbox One back in December. I prefer the PS4, but I had to buy the Xbox One to play with my friends via coop games. Last year, I bought the Turbografx-CD add-on for the TG-16. I ended up with a half-working system. So, I had to fix the console myself. It's now working 100%. Every year I buy a retro console to increase my collection of systems. Right now, I'm just missing the Atari Jaguar and the Intellivision.

Last year, I bought the Turbografx-CD add-on for the TG-16. I ended up with a half-working system.

I miss my Turboduo. I bought it from my friend (and current podcast cohost) Howard back in 1994. In early 1997 I was on a short vacation and when I got back to my apartment I saw that someone had broken in and stolen the CD attachment, along with a bunch of other games and electronics.

I had my suspicions about who was responsible and while I never got it back, a houseful of undercover cops (seriously, they were like a bunch of feds who were working from an unassuming, unmarked neighborhood house) got the majority of my other things back. I bet that the ignorant ass didn't even know that it was a component of a gaming machine, he probably just figured that it was a garden variety portable CD player.

Thieves are irritating, but there's something even more irritating about ignorant thieves. :)

*huggles*

Areala

That's actually totally true. It already sucks to have something stolen, but it's even worse to know that the person who took it doesn't even appreciate its worth. The guy probably went to the nearest pawn shop, said "dis is uh CD playuh" and received fifteen bucks.

I miss my Turboduo. I bought it from my friend (and current podcast cohost) Howard back in 1994. In early 1997 I was on a short vacation and when I got back to my apartment I saw that someone had broken in and stolen the CD attachment, along with a bunch of other games and electronics.

I had my suspicions about who was responsible and while I never got it back, a houseful of undercover cops (seriously, they were like a bunch of feds who were working from an unassuming, unmarked neighborhood house) got the majority of my other things back. I bet that the ignorant ass didn't even know that it was a component of a gaming machine, he probably just figured that it was a garden variety portable CD player.

That's a big shame. Sorry to hear about that. Are you sure it wasn't a regular Turbografx-Cd? Because the Turbo Duo is a complete unit. It doesn't have any attachments. NEC released it later on as a complete unit to replace the CD add-on hybrid that looked sorta like the Sega CD. The Turbo Duo is worth a lot of money these days and are much harder to find.

Here is a picture of the Turbo Duo:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=turbo+duo&view=detailv2&&id=40CEDA405052687B762F94BD39DA1F32B6E6BA8D&selectedIndex=0&ccid=IObi4jm9&simid=608043958410152823&thid=OIP.M20e6e2e239bd89fc12b9dd23b6ba87fbo0&ajaxhist=0

And here is a picture of the Turbografx-CD attached to the Turbografx-16:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=turbografx-cd&view=detailv2&&id=B1973FD56A7EB621C571BE7B14BCC5220970F03D&selectedIndex=7&ccid=xp9z4tOd&simid=608038164491142679&thid=OIP.Mc69f73e2d39d31e9d4d4d0e94feeab3co0&ajaxhist=0

Are you sure it wasn't a regular Turbografx-Cd? Because the Turbo Duo is a complete unit. It doesn't have any attachments. NEC released it later on as a complete unit to replace the CD add-on hybrid that looked sorta like the Sega CD.

Ah okay, I guess it was the Turbo CD attachment then. I wasn't aware that the Turboduo was its own dedicated unit. The TG-16 was very much not my forte, I only had like five games for it.

Still pissed that that thief robbed me of my ability to play Ys though.