Getting rid of game mags

vedder

I'm getting rid of all my gaming magazines for lack of space. Most are in excellent condition, some of the older ones are in used condition.

If anyone's interested, let me know! You can have them for shipping costs or pick them up for free if you live in the vicinity. They are located in the Netherlands.

Issues concerned:

Power Unlimited (Dutch) all issues from Jun 1998 - Aug 2001, and Dec 2002
PC Gameplay (Benelux) 35, 38, 39, 43-157 (Jul/aug 1998 - May 2009)
PC Gaming World (UK) 30 (jun 1999), 36 (dec 1999)
PC Gamer (US) v6n8 (aug 1999), v6n12 (dec 1999)
Real Gamer (Dutch) 1,3-5,9 (jan - dec 2000)
PC Gamer (UK) 08 (aug 2000)
PC Gamer (Dutch) 12 (nov 2000)
PC Zone (Benelux) 46-83/84 (Jul 2001 - Aug/sept 2004)
Control (Dutch) 8,11-14 (Sept 2008 - Aug 2009)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Copy pasting from my PM as this might be of interest to others as well:

The costs would be considerable to ship to the US I'm afraid.

The total weight of all the magazines combined is ~65 kilograms.

I checked three available postal services (PostNL, DHL and UPS) and with the exception of UPS which is more expensive the others come to a rough shipping cost of $400-$420 divided over multiple parcels.

If that's too expensive, perhaps you are interested in subset?

PC Gameplay magazines: ~38kg ($240)

Real Gamer + Control + PCGW + PC Gamer: ~5.5kg ($40-60)

PC Zone: ~13.5kg ($100)

Power Unlimited: ~9kg ($60)

• Like 1

Thank you for going through the trouble. If you had caught me at another time I might have been able to help but billmarioman had to choose this month to liquidate his magazine collection and I already spent too much money on those. Good luck with everything.

Thank you for going through the trouble. If you had caught me at another time I might have been able to help but billmarioman had to choose this month to liquidate his magazine collection and I already spent too much money on those. Good luck with everything.

Ah, so you're the one I've been warring with on eBay!

I imagine this happens often between RetroMags members. :) And while it makes sense if purchasing for a personal collection, it'd be great if we had a better way of coordinating efforts here at RetroMags when buying for purposes of preservation. Pooling of resources, a formalized means of notification to avoid unnecessary bid combat, etc. I think it would help especially in regards to rare and expensive issues.

I imagine this happens often between RetroMags members. :) And while it makes sense if purchasing for a personal collection, it'd be great if we had a better way of coordinating efforts here at RetroMags when buying for purposes of preservation. Pooling of resources, a formalized means of notification to avoid unnecessary bid combat, etc. I think it would help especially in regards to rare and expensive issues.

The last time I posted here and announced that I would be bidding on something it didn't seem to help. Lots of people who visit Retromags still seem very interested in having a physical magazine. Plenty of people here with magazines want them to be scanned but don't want the bindings cut. The physical magazine is their priority.

So frankly I'm not sure that's possible! If I come here to announce that I'm bidding on an auction that just means more people are likely to bid on it to see if they can get it themselves, especially if it starts low, like most billmarioman auctions do.

Im not interested in having physical magazines at all. I'm just getting for scanning. Physical destruction is fine with me. I'll try to post here mostly if there is something I'm not able to obtain for shipping etc. A lot of people here are like that. It they have their oersoanal collection and their scan collection.

• Like 1

The last time I posted here and announced that I would be bidding on something it didn't seem to help. Lots of people who visit Retromags still seem very interested in having a physical magazine. Plenty of people here with magazines want them to be scanned but don't want the bindings cut. The physical magazine is their priority.

So frankly I'm not sure that's possible! If I come here to announce that I'm bidding on an auction that just means more people are likely to bid on it to see if they can get it themselves, especially if it starts low, like most billmarioman auctions do.

As I've said in all of my threads I de-bind everything. I may keep the magazine in a protective cover afterward but that's mostly for reference/future change in technology. Even cutting risks building facing pages, particularly ads, which is why I do the multiple-cracks-on-spine, slow twist method and then peel off each page.

If we wanted to have a thread about upcoming auctions we thought there might be contention, where should the thread go, in this forum?

For example I'm hoping to grab the Incite lot from billmarioman tomorrow, and a bunch of singles from journeyescape early next week.

As I've said in all of my threads I de-bind everything. I may keep the magazine in a protective cover afterward but that's mostly for reference/future change in technology. Even cutting risks building facing pages, particularly ads, which is why I do the multiple-cracks-on-spine, slow twist method and then peel off each page.

If we wanted to have a thread about upcoming auctions we thought there might be contention, where should the thread go, in this forum?

For example I'm hoping to grab the Incite lot from billmarioman tomorrow, and a bunch of singles from journeyescape early next week.

There's an auctions section of the forum. I imagine anything like that would be appropriate in there.

http://community.retromags.com/forum/72-auctions/

As for the Incite Video Gaming issues, I already have all of them (except for issue 0, which someone else is selling for a very high price) and already made a thread about it in Magazine Talk. It's Incite PC Gaming that I don't think anyone has.

As for the Incite Video Gaming issues, I already have all of them (except for issue 0, which someone else is selling for a very high price) and already made a thread about it in Magazine Talk. It's Incite PC Gaming that I don't think anyone has.

That's odd since only the PC Gaming version is in the database here. I have over half of those. As for the issue 0's I saw that listing as well. $120 is pretty steep for something that few people would have ever seen thus contributing little to the history of videogames, though if it were $60 I would snap it up lol