VGBounceHouse work-in-progress

VGBounceHouse

Thanks so much you guys!

Done and done! That saved me an hour uploading this monster.

Any chance if I upload my version of the cover to the Gallery it could replace the current skewed one?

001.jpg

On to new business!

http://vgpavilion.com/blog/my-magazine-collection-part-1/

I finally have the raw data of my collection up. If you check that post you'll find a horizontally scrolling table with the fields I felt most important for my project. I will be using RetroMags' issue numbering standard but for archival purposes I wanted to document printed issue, volume and number entries. I will have a follow-up post that syncs with RetroMags to help mark issues here as "Acquired" as well as aid in the request feature. There are a couple of places where my plan diverges (such as separating NextGen from Next Generation) and some new magazines but I will create some posts in the Database forum for those.

Beginning next week I plan to knock out two issues of Video Games I already have scanned then I will take a look at the existing requests and see where I can help out. I'd prefer to concentrate on the earliest magazines but am more than willing to help fulfill the RetroMags community requests.

I still have a lot of work to do on my magazine collection database but I'm gonna put that off to get another magazine done.

folder.jpg

After this I want to sync my collection with RetroMags' numbering before I finish another previously scanned mag and begin looking at requests to see where I can help out. I plan on taking breaks here and there to create threads for a few other missing magazines in the Database forum.

• Like 2

I absolutely vote you keep doing these classic age of gaming mags. Most of these I missed out on the first time around. And these are so rare to come by. You making these available is a godsend for the site.

That's where I'd like to focus but if there's a need somewhere I'm happy to jump in. If left to my own devices I would move on to the missing 1982 issues on the site after I finish this issue and its follow-up (April 1984) working to finish the entire runs of Video Games and Electronic Fun with Computers & Games.

I don't plan on doing updates through this current issue as its much (much [much]) smaller than EGM 65 but if you're curious about the first batch of pages I have them up here:

http://vgpavilion.com/mags/1984/03/vg/pages/

I may inquire about some things regarding fixing our EGM collection, like checking on missing pages, and alternate covers. But for now I'm going to concentrate on scanning. When I get a break I'll PM you. That EGM 86 missing pages you provided were invaluable.

Awesome , eigther me or eday will get this up on the site as soon as possible. I'm at work so will be maybe 8 Hours before I can get to it.

I am downloading them right now, so Sean697 might get it up before me. Once it's up I will post to the site's Facebook page that this magazine is finally available.

New issue is ready was hoping one of you guys could do the same magic again! It's Video Games issue 18, March 1984:

http://vgpavilion.com/mags/1984/03/vg/Video-Games-Issue-018-Mar-1984.cbr

I'm going to do a little database work before I start on the next issue.

Done. Had to move the old image to the trash bin first.

Ya and how did you do that? When I go to the edit image options under image moderation it allows me to upload new image but when I hit the edit image button to apply it doesnt work. And I see no delete button for the current image. I dont want to delete the whole record so it doesnt break the links. Can you clarify how you did this?

Under image moderation, select "move image" then select "trash bin" under the "move media to category" dropdown. Once the image has been moved to the trash you can add a new image. The images in the trash bin will remain there until somebody with more privileges (I'm assuming Philly) deletes them.

• Like 1

Under image moderation, select "move image" then select "trash bin" under the "move media to category" dropdown. Once the image has been moved to the trash you can add a new image. The images in the trash bin will remain there until somebody with more privileges (I'm assuming Philly) deletes them.

Ok that works. But not really what I wanted to do. It breaks the site links to the image. So you have to update them with the new image gallery number. Its OK I guess but would be better if just replacing the image on the same record worked so you don't have to update the links.

I think it was done this way so Philly would have final approval before an image gets permanently deleted from the system and also to make it obvious which files have been replaced by keeping them in the trash gallery, where they can be compared to the new images if necessary. But yeah, it's a bit more of a hassle.

The new issue is done and posted.

Uploaded. Perhaps someone else can do the new release post :)

I hope I did everything correctly in terms up uploading and creating the New Releases post. If there are any problems the RetroMags formatted version is available here:

http://vgpavilion.com/mags/1984/04/vg/Video-Games-Issue-019-Apr-1984.cbr

My plan was to jump back to the first issue of Video Games and try to knock off the entire run of the magazine sans the one issue I'm missing, and then move over to Electronic Fun with Computers & Games. I know I own most if not all of the "most requested" issues which are for the most part Electronic Gaming Monthly. I also own the requested Video Games & Computer Entertainment issue on the list. Should I continue with the older mags or try to help with a few of the EGMs or VG&CE?

• Like 1

The new issue is done and posted.

I hope I did everything correctly in terms up uploading and creating the New Releases post. If there are any problems the RetroMags formatted version is available here:

http://vgpavilion.com/mags/1984/04/vg/Video-Games-Issue-019-Apr-1984.cbr

My plan was to jump back to the first issue of Video Games and try to knock off the entire run of the magazine sans the one issue I'm missing, and then move over to Electronic Fun with Computers & Games. I know I own most if not all of the "most requested" issues which are for the most part Electronic Gaming Monthly. I also own the requested Video Games & Computer Entertainment issue on the list. Should I continue with the older mags or try to help with a few of the EGMs or VG&CE?

Id do the older stuff or VG&CE. All the EGM's are aquired to be scanned by me or eday.
  • Like 2

I'd like to vote for doing VG&CE we've had some early issues I'd like to see we've been missing forever. I love that mag. Especially the one with the Genesis on the cover (5?).

I strongly second this vote for VG&CE issues :D

-The one with Genesis on the cover (7) - August, 1989.

-Also the issue with a tiny Atari Lynx on the cover (9) October 1989

-Plus (issue 20) September, 1990 with VG&CE's first Neo Geo coverage.

Seeing those three again would be beyond awesome.