PCAccelerator

VGBounceHouse

And issue 11 as well.

PCXL_11_00001.jpg

That completes the entirety of my PCXL collection. Everything I have has been scanned, edited, and uploaded. Here is the update status list with links.

PCXL 01 (09/98) (acquired by VGBounceHouse)

PCXL 02 (10/98) (missing)

PCXL 03 (11/98) (missing)

PCXL 04 (12/98)

PCXL 05 (01/99)

PCXL 06 (02/99)

PCXL 07 (03/99)

PCXL 08 (04/99)

PCXL 09 (05/99)

PCXL 10 (06/99)

PCXL 11 (07/99)

PCXL 12 (08/99) (missing)

PCXL 13 (09/99)

PCXL 14 (10/99) (acquired by VGBounceHouse)

PCXL 15 (11/99)

PCXL 16 (12/99)

PCXL 17 (01/00) (missing)

PCXL 18 (02/00)

PCXL 19 (03/00)

PCXL 20 (04/00)

PCXL 21 (05/00)

PCXL 22 (06/00)

• Like 1

I have that issue scanned as well and just finished editing, but page 83 is all messed up. I was wondering if you'd be willing to share your scan of page 83 with me. It's an ad page for Imperium Galactica II.

It's my own fault. I threw the issue away after I scanned it believing I had a good scan, but I should've known better, that I can't catch everything after only one look. Some ad pages look messed up anyways, y'know?

Hey marktrade, sorry for the late response I've been so busy trying to get my site ready I've missed checking the forums. I see you were able to get the page from another issue but just in case you still wanted it here's my scan of Page 83, it's a 600dpi TIFF that I RARed:

http://vgpavilion.com/083.rar

Chris

• Like 1

The missing issues are up on eBay now with individual week-long auctions.

Please do not bid on them OR let me know before you do so that I don't bother trying to outbid you. If someone else here really wants physical copies of those mags, I'll let them get it, but otherwise I'll just be posting the scans here in a couple weeks.

• Like 2

• Retromags Curator

Excellent!

I've talked to the seller and the only issue that won't be up for auction is issue 01, which VGBounceHouse has. If he scans that, then we should have all the issues in a couple weeks.

Sweet! Sorry I wasn't any help other than a cheerleader, but if there's any way I can help, let me know.

Ha, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have scanned all those issues when I did. Things can get really slow here without community feedback and I was looking for some indication of what people wanted. So you really did play a huge part.

• Like 1

This one comes close to completing all the stuff I read as a kid (and then some). The only other one is PC Gamer, which I know some issues are around, and Maximum PC, which the entire catalog is floating around.

I never knew there was a demand for Maximum PC. Being a hardware oriented magazine, I threw all of mine out years ago in the recycle bin. And most of the demo disks as well. Oops. They didn't seem to be worth anything.

I never knew there was a demand for Maximum PC. Being a hardware oriented magazine, I threw all of mine out years ago in the recycle bin. And most of the demo disks as well. Oops. They didn't seem to be worth anything.

I think it has something to do with people being nostalgic for old hardware, and old issues coming in handy if someone wants to build a gaming PC for a particular era of gaming. I still have a 1 ghz Athlon paired with a 3DFX VooDoo 5 5500 and Windows 98 for some older games that don't like anything XP and up.

Excellent!

I've talked to the seller and the only issue that won't be up for auction is issue 01, which VGBounceHouse has. If he scans that, then we should have all the issues in a couple weeks.

I went ahead and did a temporary scan of the cover of Issue 1 and uploaded it to the gallery. As for doing the full scan so this magazine can be marked completely archived I can't make any promises. I'm doing a soft launch of my site this week and hoped to finish up a few more of the December 1982 magazines which aren't here since they're already scanned and just need editing. I will try to get it done in the next few weeks.

Good luck with the auction. I won't go after any of the issues you've marked as missing. I'm not even sure if I'll go for any of them since many have significant cover damage and they are the disc issues but don't come with the discs. At some point I hope we can get all issues of both versions (disc and disc-less) for the cover variations (and because I am trying to archive discs as well).

• Like 1