How do you guys read your magazines ? (hardware / Software)

TOLUST

I am using YAC reader on my iPad. Lots of ways to import including direct download (sometimes ) and cloud servers like Dropbox. Basic reader. Has zoom, folder organization , touch controls, memory where you left off, custom data fields etc. On Windows , more often than not I unpack the files and use Picture preview and just use the arrow keys to thumb through it.

• Like 1

Unpack that .cbr file with my trusty copy of WinZip, then use ACDSee to slideshow through 'em one page at a time. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Hahaha I acutally use ACDsee is there a real difference in using a comic book reader software vs just plan image (full screen, next etc.)?

Reader software usually has dedicated functions for reading comic books etc. And allows you to organize in the application usually for quick access to your files. But mainly they allow browsing while still in the compressed container. Its just general ease of use functions and presentation.

On my Mac with a program called Simple Comic, although I have to say I spend so much time editing that I don't get much reading done.

I figure next year, after I've scanned and edited a whole bunch of mags I'll buy a second generation iPad Pro as a reward and read through everything I scanned. :)

On my Mac with a program called Simple Comic, although I have to say I spend so much time editing that I don't get much reading done.

I figure next year, after I've scanned and edited a whole bunch of mags I'll buy a second generation iPad Pro as a reward and read through everything I scanned. :)

Mags look great on an ipad3 or greater. That retina display has plenty of resolution. But I am going to buy an Ipad Pro when it comes out. But my Ipad 3 is great for mags.

• 1 month later...

Anyone upload there magazines to Google Drive and Access/Read them instead of putting them locally in the portable device ? As for me I uploaded 98Gigs of Scans to Google Drive and its awesome because it also automatically displays all the covers for you without you opening it. Try it !

Anyone upload there magazines to Google Drive and Access/Read them instead of putting them locally in the portable device ? As for me I uploaded 98Gigs of Scans to Google Drive and its awesome because it also automatically displays all the covers for you without you opening it. Try it !

98gb? How much is that costing you per month?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with MichaelLyles, I prefer non-cloud storage. yes, it costs more money (in the short term) but it also helps you keep organized depending on how you set things up. I currently have seperate drives for different subjects (i.e. games, books, movies, tv shows, etc) I backup every dvd/bluray movie or show I buy to portable drives as well as games, ebooks, and everything else. Along with that I use my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with ComicRack and a 64GB micro sd card for all magazines, comic books as well as a short movie list on the go. btw, playing (backups of personally owned) NES and other classic games with a PS3 controller on my tablet is AMAZING! :P keep the classics alive!! :GBP::Gba::nds::Nes::Snes::N64::32x::Ps1::Psp: = tablet

Any personal settings/tips you guys use for CDisplayEx ? (pc and Android versions)

FYI you must experience reading (magazines, comics ex.) this on a 13 Inc Yoga Android tablet !! Nothing beats that expect the real thing

I think my iPad pro might beat it. Really at that size it feels perfect.

• 2 weeks later...