Vladi's work in progress

Vladi

I started this thread to keep you informed about any progress related to the digitalization of the Club Nintendo magazine from Mexico.

Here's a list of the issues that I will upload in the next months (after -and only after- I finish with Volume 1 I'll continiue with more recent years <2000).

All the pages are adjusted to 1400 X 1900 px.

Volume 1 (Año 1)

thumbnails16.png

thumbnails713.png

#1 - 1991 - Dec.

#2 - 1992 - Jan.

#3 - 1992 - Feb.

#4 - 1992 - Mar.

#5 - 1992 - Apr.

#6 - 1992 - May

#7 - 1992 - June

#8 - 1992 - July

#9 - 1992 - Aug.

#10 - 1992 - Sep.

#11 - 1992 - Oct.

#12 - 1992 - Nov.

#13 - 1992 - Dec.

• Like 1

Volume 1#7 submitted: Link

screenshotfb.jpg

I got Volume 1#3 last week with no cover, but I found a very decent scan surfing on the web (thanks to T-sex from staff of the now abandoned "Club Nintendo Scans Depot" for his job).

In my humble opinion my scans have a little more quality (not as good as I wish but I have hardware limitations: my scanner is very simple, I have to edit a lot with Corel Paint Shop Pro X).

I hope you appreciate the job and keep enjoying this magazine.

So next on the queued list is Volume 1#3 released on Feb., 1992. Preview:

screenshotyi.jpg

I appreciate the work if only for a perspective on video games outside of American, though I myself don't understand Spanish so much either... How long did this magazine continue on?

It's still being published. But when the game cube or the gameboy advance came out it started to look like Nintendo Power... Actually NP shared traslated pages with CN.

I have all the issues, but to be honest I didn't have any console since 1999 until last june (got back a NES and today I bought a PS2); basically, I buy the magazine as a hobby, read them once and then to the vault...

It's still being published. But when the game cube or the gameboy advance came out it started to look like Nintendo Power... Actually NP shared traslated pages with CN.

I have all the issues, but to be honest I didn't have any console since 1999 until last june (got back a NES and today I bought a PS2); basically, I buy the magazine as a hobby, read them once and then to the vault...

That's amazing. Like I said, I like getting a perspective on gaming outside of the typical American. I've had some contact with Polish webmasters to get an idea of their gaming scene, which has some subtle differences from the American counterpart.

Just want to say I appreciate the work you're doing. This is a magazine that likely doesn't have a lot of physical copies anymore so it's lucky you've found your way here. Looking forward to the '97 to '01 issues. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...