Still need GI covers?

DPsx7

Anybody who has a scanner that can do orange right is more than welcome to replace my scan. I did that cover of issue 44, but my scanner for some reason has a MAJOR issue with that shade of orange. :)

*huggles*

Areala

After I posted I saw in the how-to guide where it says scanners have a problem with that color. I kinda cheated and edited it through PS. Just enough that it looks closer without leaving a lot of awful artifacts or ruining the lines on the rest of the picture.

Anybody who has a scanner that can do orange right is more than welcome to replace my scan. I did that cover of issue 44, but my scanner for some reason has a MAJOR issue with that shade of orange. :)

*huggles*

Areala

There are certain phosphorescent inks that I think are impossible for any scanner unless they have a CMOS sensor, and typically the only scanners to have that are the small film scanners. But phone cameras nowadays have CMOS sensors. What do you think about people taking very careful pictures of these covers and uploading those?

If you want, you can upload you scans to like Dropbox or something (free account ) and I'll use photoshop to straighten , crop and edit them for you. You really have to use an image editing program to do it properly.

I have Shop too, I'm just trying to limit how much they need to be processed. The mags are all in excellent condition so there shouldn't be a need for touchups. Just white out the label area, crop the scanner bed, and call it a day. If they're crooked it's very slight and actually part of the cover.

I guess with the way the site functions anyone is free to edit as needed so whatever. I'm still focused on getting through my backlog of games. If I can help a little here and there with some covers, cool.

• Like 1

Next batch of 5 is up. Have a question. What's your policy on the cover ads? Basically the last 2 I did and a few of the next 5 have half an ad covering the front cover. I can't pull them off since they're part of the spine and back cover. I don't want to destroy the mags and folding it out of the way leads to slight blurring of the left side. Not enough that I'm disappointed with my scans.

• Retromags Curator

• Click the black "Upload" button in top right part of the page

• Click on the black "Choose Files" button in the lower left

• ...click the black "Review & Publish" button in the lower right.

• Click the black "Finish & Publish" button in the lower part of the page.

What forum skin are you using that those buttons are black?

They're black for me too. Maybe a really dark gray. 1.0 theme here but I wish there was a theme with a darker background. Never been a fan of staring at white.

*I like the logo on this theme so if we ever find darker themes I'd hope that could be reused.