'needed' Or 'rescan Needed' Lists?

Vision

Hi everyone, I'm new... so maybe looking around more will answer this question...

But would you happen to have lists of 'Needed' issues, or issues for which rescans are needed?

I ask because I have absolutely TONS of EGMs and GamePros. From late 80s through the late 90s and 00s even. And I will be using your archive to get rid of my clutter (THEY TAKE UP SO MUCH ROOM lol) -- So I don't want to get rid of issues which you DO have but would like a rescan for, as I would happily donate those issues.

So... yeah. Looking forward to helping out (I'm certain I have issues you don't =) and cleaning up the BOXES worth of mags I've held onto over the years like some crazed packrat.

And thanks for the great site/project, all =)

- V

Hi everyone, I'm new... so maybe looking around more will answer this question...

But would you happen to have lists of 'Needed' issues, or issues for which rescans are needed?

I ask because I have absolutely TONS of EGMs and GamePros. From late 80s through the late 90s and 00s even. And I will be using your archive to get rid of my clutter (THEY TAKE UP SO MUCH ROOM lol) -- So I don't want to get rid of issues which you DO have but would like a rescan for, as I would happily donate those issues.

So... yeah. Looking forward to helping out (I'm certain I have issues you don't =) and cleaning up the BOXES worth of mags I've held onto over the years like some crazed packrat.

And thanks for the great site/project, all =)

- V

Go here: www.retromags.com/wip

The post here explains it in detail: http://www.retromags.com/forums/Magazine-P...stem-t2755.html

It hasn't been kept up as well as it should, but it does provide an easy way of figuring out what is needed and who is doing what.

Go here: www.retromags.com/wip

The post here explains it in detail: http://www.retromags.com/forums/Magazine-P...stem-t2755.html

It hasn't been kept up as well as it should, but it does provide an easy way of figuring out what is needed and who is doing what.

So... am I seeing it right via the WIP site that no scans nor rescans are needed for EGM? (I do see "Missing" ones for GamePro, but nothing for EGM...)

I only just now started downloading EGM and it went from #1,2,3 to #33 - I guess the ones in between are just named differently and will show up later?

Unfortunately, you can't really go by the WIP site. Most users, like me, have too many things going on to find much time to go there and list what we have available, scanned and currently working on. Take my list on that site for example, it shows I have less than 10 issues total, in reality, I have over 160 issues spread over the various publications and years available as shown in this thread on the boards:

http://www.retromags.com/forums/Mags-t3110.html

I try and make sure that that list is updated with what is currently available from me so that people can see where I am at in the collection.

There are others that maintain Work in Progress threads on the forums, so you may want to look at those too.

I have tried to maintain my list on the WIP site and have only caused havoc over there, releases for Gamefan inexplicably ending up in the Gamepro section and such. Just not one of my interests. If anyone wants to take the time to put my list on there, then they can, I just don't plan on maintaining it there myself. A lot of users on here must feel similar since the list is so out of date.

I would suggest making a list of the mags you have and posting it on the forums and asking for people to post what they plan on doing themselves and what they feel is needing a rescan. There are a bunch of EGM's that need to be redone if you have an issue in better condition than the one that is uploaded, not knocking the original scanner, you can only do so much to clean up a damaged issue (I understand completely because I have some majorly damaged issues myself that I am passing on for now).

Are you just going to be throwing away the issues that are already uploaded? If so, please, post the list here and see if anyone is interested in taking them off of your hands. If no takers, please consider taking them to your local library and dropping them in that donation box for the troops, most take magazines too, some list them as not needed so just read their list there in case.

Unfortunately, you can't really go by the WIP site. Most users, like me, have too many things going on to find much time to go there and list what we have available, scanned and currently working on. Take my list on that site for example, it shows I have less than 10 issues total, in reality, I have over 160 issues spread over the various publications and years available as shown in this thread on the boards:

I try and make sure that that list is updated with what is currently available from me so that people can see where I am at in the collection.

There are others that maintain Work in Progress threads on the forums, so you may want to look at those too.

I have tried to maintain my list on the WIP site and have only caused havoc over there, releases for Gamefan inexplicably ending up in the Gamepro section and such. Just not one of my interests. If anyone wants to take the time to put my list on there, then they can, I just don't plan on maintaining it there myself. A lot of users on here must feel similar since the list is so out of date.

I would suggest making a list of the mags you have and posting it on the forums and asking for people to post what they plan on doing themselves and what they feel is needing a rescan. There are a bunch of EGM's that need to be redone if you have an issue in better condition than the one that is uploaded, not knocking the original scanner, you can only do so much to clean up a damaged issue (I understand completely because I have some majorly damaged issues myself that I am passing on for now).

Are you just going to be throwing away the issues that are already uploaded? If so, please, post the list here and see if anyone is interested in taking them off of your hands. If no takers, please consider taking them to your local library and dropping them in that donation box for the troops, most take magazines too, some list them as not needed so just read their list there in case.

Mmm good thought there about the donation box. I didn't mean 'throw away' exactly; would at the least have recycled.

And ugh, to post a list I have to gather all this crap together, and then sort it. But I'd have to have done that anyway =) - just not looking forward to it, lol.

Oh well, look for that post from me soonish. =)

Thanks for the help all, just wanting to make sure what I have doesn't go to waste.

I understand about it being a chore to get everything sorted out and listed, it took me about 2 to 3 hours to get my list compiled and sorted (but now, if anyone wants to know what I don't have it is there). It is really the best way to let everyone know what you have and are willing to donate so they can offer any help they can.

Thanks for preparing that list, it will help a lot.

It is a bit unfortunate that noone uses the WIP list because it is a central place where people can see what other people are working on. The other unfortunate thing is that when there are 2 or more people that have the same magazines, it usually happens at least once that they end up scanning the same magazine and one person ends up being really bummed because of spending 4 hours for nothing. I know that when I first started, I got tired of always trying to figure out what everyone else had and what they were scanning at the time. That was the main reason for setting up the WIP section. I know it does take a long time to set up, but it has been well worth it for me and a few other members.

It is a bit unfortunate that noone uses the WIP list because it is a central place where people can see what other people are working on. The other unfortunate thing is that when there are 2 or more people that have the same magazines, it usually happens at least once that they end up scanning the same magazine and one person ends up being really bummed because of spending 4 hours for nothing. I know that when I first started, I got tired of always trying to figure out what everyone else had and what they were scanning at the time. That was the main reason for setting up the WIP section. I know it does take a long time to set up, but it has been well worth it for me and a few other members.

I wonder if Phillyman would be willing to offer up some kind of incentive for the WIP like he is for the wiki, I mean, that would probably get someone to working on it. I agree, I like the WIP site, just don't have time to edit my area of it right now, that is part of the reason I am staying with Gamefan, seems to be a rarer item right now.