Updated Release - GamePro Issue 23 (June 1991)

E-Day

• Retromags Curator
10 hours ago, TOLUST said:

I'm confused with this scan / issue . Did GamePro release this with 2 different covers ? Sonic for retail and Bugs Bunny for subscribers? Because I remember I received my bugs bunny cover in the mail. 

Good question. Both issues have barcodes, and both are different, so it's probably the case that one was for subscribers and one was for the newsstand. The only other thing I can think would be different covers for different regions. @E-Day, you got any extra info/insight on this? :)

*huggles*
Areala :angel:

• Thanks 1

• Retromags Curator

I have no clue. I only saw the Bugs Bunny cover once many years ago on eBay, so I bought it. I never saw it in any cover retrospectives or anything like that. Apart from the cover story everything else is the same except for the UPC codes. Those are different for some reason.

I don't know why the alternate cover exists, where it was distributed or anything like that. It's not even marked as "cover 1 of 2" or anything like that. It's very odd.

• Thanks 1

That picture of sonic on the cover is actually used in the sonic game review 2 page art , I think this is the first and only time a two cover art was used . I was just wondering how you scanned both covers .. 

• E-Day changed the title to Updated Release - GamePro Issue 23 (June 1991)