Hardware Manuals

KiwiArcader

Hi everyone ...

I have been uploading hardware manuals/catalogs for the Atari 8-bit range of computers that were sold in the 1980's. The reasons are twofold...

1. These are from my personal collection and as far as I can tell NOT available anywhere else in complete form on the Internet.

2. Anyone searching for these "should" see the site listed on Google as a result of making them available here thus bringing in more visitors and hopefully contributors to the site.

However, I was thinking that it would be great if we set up a separate section for hardware manuals rather than in the Misc section where people could contribute manuals for the older PC's ...Atari ST, Amiga, C-64 etc along with the consoles. Personally I'd love to see a SNES or PSX manual as I've never seen one and again it might encourage more visitation to the site. Some of these items are works of art from manufacturers long since gone and deserve to be preserved as much as any publication.

Just a thought. Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

When I read the first sentence of your post I was going to say that it might be best we created a separate manual section, and by the 3rd paragraph you mentioned it yourself. :)

Yeah ... I honestly think it is worthwhile scanning and saving the old hardware manuals from being lost forever. Some of these things ... the Atari manuals & catalogs in particular .... are just great. One Atari catalog I have shows Computers they made but never got into production so they are also glimpses into what might have been and is worth preserving just for that aspect alone. And no other site seems to have done this before so it would make a nice addition to this site.

Surely making these available is just one more reason for visitors to check the site out? Making a seperate Hardware Manuals section will streamline this stuff out of the Misc section which could get cluttered as more of this stuff comes online. I still have another 6 Atari manuals to scan .... :D

• Retromags Curator
Yeah ... I honestly think it is worthwhile scanning and saving the old hardware manuals from being lost forever. Some of these things ... the Atari manuals & catalogs in particular .... are just great. One Atari catalog I have shows Computers they made but never got into production so they are also glimpses into what might have been and is worth preserving just for that aspect alone. And no other site seems to have done this before so it would make a nice addition to this site.

Surely making these available is just one more reason for visitors to check the site out? Making a seperate Hardware Manuals section will streamline this stuff out of the Misc section which could get cluttered as more of this stuff comes online. I still have another 6 Atari manuals to scan .... :D

Yup :)

Its amazing how fast Google put your scan up as a result :blink: