Little Big Planet Goty Edition

http://forums.allgames.com/showthread.php?p=376594#post376594

Quote:

Looks like the reports and retailer listings were accurate: LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition exists and it's coming to stores on September 8 for the same ol' $59.99 you can currently find the non-GOTY variant at. So what does your ... well, just your waiting get you above and beyond the existing release? Media Molecule has hand-picked 18 "extraordinary" level creators to each build a level "specifically for the GOTY edition." Not enough? Perhaps seven "packs" from the PlayStation Store – including the Metal Gear Solid Level Pack and Costumes Pack – would be enough to entice you? Says here that's "nearly a $30 value."

Still not biting, eh? Lastly, a "limited supply" of LBP: GOTY discs will include a voucher granting you access to the ModNation Racers online beta, the next game in Sony's "Play, Create, Share" series. If you're still not convinced, we don't think the trailer after the break is going to change your mind, but we still think you should watch it. Sackboy ... he's just so cute.

EDIT - Kotaku details the PSN packs that will be included.

Quote:

Metal Gear Solid Level Pack – featuring the "Paintinator" ($5.99*)

Metal Gear Solid Costumes ($5.99*)

Monsters Costumes ($2.99*)

Monsters Pack ($3.99*)

History Costumes ($2.99*)

History Pack ($3.99*)

Animals Costumes ($2.99*)

LittleBigPlanet Re-Release Includes 18 New Levels, 7 DLC Packs

Please Discuss -

I waited to buy the original LBP (I rented it a couple of times). I just could not pull the trigger because a lot of the cool maps I wanted to play required either an animal costume or a MG:S costume. I guess I have ZERO excuses now since the GOTY edition has both of the great (used by a lot of level creators) packs.

I do feel a little sorry for people who bought the original and have never gotten any of the DLC. Especialy when the GOTY edition gets a ton of DLC AND 18 new levels made specificly for this edition.

Off topic of the post, but no...it only appears on "Recent Discussions" if someone posts at least 1 reply.  Until the first reply it will not show up on the Recent widget.

That is weird.  I would mess with it but, well, I learned my lesson the 13th...

On topic, I don't care for Little Big Planet.

I was just thinking that it might be something I can get the wife into...and that is always a good thing.

Oh, I agree, it is a great introduction type game, set her up with a high limit credit card, point her to the skins and let her loose.  I just don't care for it that much, course I didn't have access to the PSN to trade levels and such so I was pretty limited with my time with it.  My fiancee would probably be all over it.