Comic/Magazine Viewing Devices?

kartracer3

Hello!

I was just curious what devices are recommended for viewing magazines while traveling? Is there anything that has a good display and enough storage to hold a large collection of magazines/comic books? An iPad seems promising but larger storage sizes can get expensive. A Windows tablet might not be too bad but could lack apps. I've seen some e-ink displays online but hadn't used one hands-on before. Thanks!

Pretty much any low end tablet with a big enough screen for your personal tastes is fine. Personally I would go with something with at least a 10 inch screen even at the cost of resolution if necessary, but your mileage may vary. Magazines and comics are just collections of image files so they're not really demanding on hardware. You can get an Android tablet with expandable storage for relatively cheap.

• 1 month later...

i've been reading comic books on my Kindle Fire for probably 10 years now. It's amazing for that purpose. 

reading magazines on it is less ideal. The text is usually quite a bit smaller, so you end up needing to zoom in and scroll around each page. Worse yet is double page spreads. 

I use Samsung Galaxy tablet, and I can recommend such a device.

Works nicely with comics, and can be used to browse Internet, run games and apps. The downside is that it's only a tablet, so it's not specifically designed as a book reader.

Meanwhile I'm that guy sitting in airports reading comics and watching movies on my laptop LOL.  All the storage and functionality I could ever want, and I'm old enough to still wonder why no one ever mentions laptops anymore when discussing portable devices.  I could even use it to edit magazine scans while traveling.  Of course, then I'd have to kill myself since clearly I no longer considered my time to have any value whatsoever.😋