The Slam Heard Around The World

For some reason I always thought that Vince had a stranglehold on all of the wrestling...WWF, WWE, WCW, all of it. That being the case I just don't see why he would care if Macho went to WCW. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Vince owned a huge chunk of all of different acronyms of wrestling.

Well he does now, except for TNA which gets dogged on by certain WWE sheep wile that whiny guy with the glasses. Whatshisface Todd something?

Back in the good old WCW days, Vince was actually in a position where he could have gone bankrupt. He mentioned that himself several times in interviews. But yeah today it's pretty much a monopoly, which is why they get away with playing it safe all the time sadly enough.

Well he does now, except for TNA which gets dogged on by certain WWE sheep wile that whiny guy with the glasses. Whatshisface Todd something?

Back in the good old WCW days, Vince was actually in a position where he could have gone bankrupt. He mentioned that himself several times in interviews. But yeah today it's pretty much a monopoly, which is why they get away with playing it safe all the time sadly enough.

Back when WCW was actually competition for WWE (before the buyout as meppi pointed out) there was some fierce competition going on. I mean, the Montreal Screw-Job was because Bret had made it clear that he was going to go with WCW for what, $16 million on a four year contract with less wrestling required of him than his current, at that time, WWE contract. Vince was scared that Bret would take the WWE (WWF then) title onto WCW television and do something with it like, I believe, Medusa did with the Women's Championship when she jumped ship.

Anyone remember Jeff Jarrett loosing to Chyna for the Intercontinental title, I think, on a PPV then appearing on Nitro the next night as the supposed chosen one to save the company? Yeah, that worked out well.

Anyhow, as far as I know the only competitor that Vince had financial dealings with while in operation was ECW. There was a loan/debt of about $400K in their holdings or whatever when they filed bankrupt and the company/person owed that money was WWE/Titan Sports. Since they were the largest debtor for ECW they were pretty much able to pick up the rights to the name and such for a song.

Did anyone get the game?

I am a little short on cash right now and was wondering if it was worth the purchase or not (now that the full game is out there) I thought the demo was allright. I don't mind the dumbed down controls. The "chain" gague adds some actual skill and reflexs to the game.

Anyone have the full version?

• Retromags Curator

It only comes out tomorrow in Canada, and I will probably rent it this weekend if it is available. I was planning on buying this until I played the demo. I would be able to tolerate the control scheme if the presentation and "historical" accuracy was better, but for some reason that is a big sticking point with me, so I am not sure about buying it anymore. At least not until it drops to half price in a few months.

It only comes out tomorrow in Canada, and I will probably rent it this weekend if it is available. I was planning on buying this until I played the demo. I would be able to tolerate the control scheme if the presentation and "historical" accuracy was better, but for some reason that is a big sticking point with me, so I am not sure about buying it anymore. At least not until it drops to half price in a few months.

I rented it. I am in the process of playing it through and will have a review here when I finish.

First really cool thing is that if you have a SvR 09 save on your PS3 you can update the Legends roster with the entire SvR 09 roster. Yeah. Pretty much the biggest roster of characters for quite a while.

(Some characters are prepared for this better then others. The Great Kahli has a wierd white border around him the entire time and it makes it look like he has his own portable sun to shine on him at all times. (He might actually have that).

Anyone with any specific questions?