E-Day's Work In Progress

E-Day

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

So there is a problem with EGM Issue 86. A small number of pages at the very back are torn to the point where they cannot be repaired in Photoshop. So until I can get someone who has a copy to scan it or I find another issue, this one will go on the back burner.

Nonetheless, I have started on Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 88 November 1996 (scan #69 - hehe). This one will take some time since it's over 290 pages.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 89 December 1996 is now available.

Up next: Taking a break from EGM since Sean697 has sent me more magazines. Among them are some older issues of Game Players and other goodies. So next up is Joystik Issue 9 December 1983 (scan #71).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

From my research, there were only 5 Sega Force "issues" put out; some were bagged with the magazine, and some were actually part of EGM issues. I have four of them: Winter 1992, November 1992, November 1993 (the one I scanned), and November 1994. There is one missing from July 1993. I don't know if it was bagged with the magazine or inside it as part of the issue or as a tear-away. Hopefully we will come across it one day.

Anyhow, while I wait for these supplementary issue to have a home, you can download it here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/1bb35akmm9j3/Sega_Force_Issue_4_November_1993.cbzand here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/2z94vryxsg2p/Sega%20Force%20Issue%204%20November%201993.cbz

Up next: Game Player's Issue 5 November 1989 (scan #74).

Nice. I remember getting pretty much every issue of every mag that had information on the Genesis prior to or around launch. This is one of them. I think I Only subscribed to Game Players for like like 1 year. I always like the drawing of Mega Mans 2 Wilys castle on this cover.

Speaking of Game Players. Defunct games us doing a series of Christmas videos on game magazines. 29 days, 29 mags or something. They just released this video on the history of Game Players.

http://www.defunctgames.com/29magazines/22/magazine-22-game-players-the-original-spin-off

They also did one to clear up some of the confusion about SEGA Force.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

It certainly is a pain scanning bound magazines that you don't take apart, which is why I take apart most of them.

Computer Gaming World Issue 254 September 2005 is scanned and uploaded, but not available until Philly man changes the permissions on the 2005 magazines.

Up next: Game Players Issue 14 August 1990 (scan #79)

• Like 1