E-Day's Work In Progress

E-Day

I do the same thing I do with all of my comics that have multiple covers and put them all right up front. I use CDisplay to view a single page at a time, so worrying about how it might affect a double-page spread isn't a concern of mine.

edit: on my personal copies, that is. On the Famitsu I uploaded here with two covers (well, two copies of the same cover), I put the alternate one at the end.

Edited by kitsunebi77

• Retromags Curator

Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 105, April 1998 is now available. I attempted to use the heat gun method to get the pages apart. The pages came apart fine, but the heat gun and pulling curled corner edge of almost all the pages, which means the scanner pulled them in crooked. About 40% were so bad I had to rescan them on the flatbed. So back the cutting them apart!

Up next is Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 111 October 1998, which is almost 300 pages (scan #214).

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 2

Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 105, April 1998 is now available. I attempted to use the heat gun method to get the pages apart. The pages came apart fine, but the heat gun and pulling curled corner edge of almost all the pages, which means the scanner pulled them in crooked. About 40% were so bad I had to rescan them on the flatbed. So back the cutting them apart!

Up next is Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 111 October 1998, which is almost 300 pages (scan #214).

index.php?app=gallery&module=images§

I hadn't considered that as far a feeding them through document feeder. I flat bed scan everything so it doesn't really affect me. Although on that EGM 27 I didn't have any curled edges when I pulled it apart. Though I did on the game buyer issue.

• Retromags Curator

Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 112 November 1998 is now available.

Up next is Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 115 February 1999 (scan #216). This one comes with an 8-page Tips book for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time., from the editors of Expert Gamer.

• Like 4

• Retromags Curator

Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 123 October 1999 is now available.

Up next is Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 114 January 1999 (scan #218). My Issue features a different cover than the two we have in the Gallery. Stan is the main cahracter on my issue.

• Like 2

Sorry about that, hopefully I have finally come through...

Did VG Bounce Hpuse ever get you those missing pages from EGM 86?

Nope. That issue has been sitting in limbo for a year or two now. He seems to have disappeared.

http://vgpavilion.com/eday/199609egm.rar

There are three TIFFs in there to cover the four missing pages. I originally tried to debind the issue but the two-page back ad had a massive amount of glue on it and I wasn't happy with the minor tears and smeared glue sections. Thanks to indexing my collection I found I had a second copy! The scan of the two-page ad (154-155.tif) is from the second copy folded onto the scanner galss and held down by both my flattening glass as well as the scanner lid. It looks fine enough but for my own purposes I plan on a second debinding adventure in the future, possibly with the suggested heat gun method from one of the other threads.

• Like 2

• Retromags Curator

Sorry about that, hopefully I have finally come through...

http://vgpavilion.com/eday/199609egm.rar

There are three TIFFs in there to cover the four missing pages. I originally tried to debind the issue but the two-page back ad had a massive amount of glue on it and I wasn't happy with the minor tears and smeared glue sections. Thanks to indexing my collection I found I had a second copy! The scan of the two-page ad (154-155.tif) is from the second copy folded onto the scanner galss and held down by both my flattening glass as well as the scanner lid. It looks fine enough but for my own purposes I plan on a second debinding adventure in the future, possibly with the suggested heat gun method from one of the other threads.

Thank you! Finally, after a year and a half, this issue is now done and available on the site. Much appreciated!

• Like 2

Oh yeah. I can't update Gallery images still...

Unless I'm making up a memory, I recall Philly saying that that feature has been disabled. You have to move the old image to the trash bin and then upload the new image and update things accordingly. It's more of a hassle, but my understanding is that this method allows the old image to remain on-file in the trash bin, so if there is any dispute over whether it shouldn't have been replaced, it's still available for review. Eventually, if the trash bin gets too full, Philly has the power to finally delete those images.

Unless I'm making up a memory, I recall Philly saying that that feature has been disabled. You have to move the old image to the trash bin and then upload the new image and update things accordingly. It's more of a hassle, but my understanding is that this method allows the old image to remain on-file in the trash bin, so if there is any dispute over whether it shouldn't have been replaced, it's still available for review. Eventually, if the trash bin gets too full, Philly has the power to finally delete those images.

This. I guess the results are that you have to take the extra step and grab the image number and update it in the database file for that magazine. Which doesn't take long. The only place you can't update is when someone is using the old image in a forum post , especially a new release post. (Unless your an admin or its your post). Then that post is stuck with the old image. Edited by Sean697